PDA

View Full Version : CFI's New Part 61 CBT, Who's having fun??

Naughty S
29th Jul 2005, 03:34
Hello ALL

Just wondering how many CFI people are out there amending their OPs Manuals to the new Part 61 competency based training syllabus and having fun :confused: with it.

A two day course + CD and your an instant expert.

Anyone care to comment?

Two_dogs
30th Jul 2005, 04:57
Obviously all too busy to reply!

Two Dogs

Naughty S
31st Jul 2005, 04:52
Guess so.

I was just interested to see how others are progressing with the new format of the Part 61 competency based training requirements. As it’s a fairly big task to setup i.e. Lesson plans, Planning matrix, Lesson and assessment records, Achievement matrix. The CD helps out a bit for the structure but you have to think a little as to how you put the package together.

Just thought a post and discussion on the matter may have formulated a few good ideas for the rest.

Cheers

Thanks Two Dogs :D

Charlie Foxtrot India
2nd Aug 2005, 12:51
First set it up three years ago, the layout takes a fair bit of work. Some of the suggested layouts I've seen didn't allow for "non standard" lessons, revision, remedial training etc. So I did a "generic" sheet for each phase which could be slotted in if needed.
It also needs to be user friendly. I trialled it with my instructors before putting it in the ops manual and they came up with some good ideas to make it more workable.
Once up and running it makes everyone's job a lot easier especially if a student is having problems, you can quickly identify the areas where their standard may be inconsistant or going backwards, and monitor the junior instructors work more easily as well.
Good luck!

Rate1
9th Aug 2005, 14:12
Can anyone tell me when the final implementation date for CBT is. Everyone keeps saying it has to be done, but by when?