PDA

View Full Version : C400 Series Training

timoc1
28th Jul 2005, 21:50
Could anyone recommend a training school where I could get some training on a Cessna 414 or 421? I have the rating but I just want to do some recurrent training to get up to speed again on the aircraft…

Thanks for responding,

t1
:ok:

Kompressor
30th Jul 2005, 05:19
And where are you located and where are you willing to travel to?

Australasian Jet at YMEN have three C-402C models and two C404 models. Some located in YBDN as well.
There are two C414 aircraft at Moorabbin airport.

timoc1
30th Jul 2005, 05:48
Kompressor,
I called a few operators at Moorabbin but none are willing to do any training on their 414’s or 421’s. Do you know if Australasian Jet would do training on their 402s? One flight school I called at YMEN said that they have 402’s for training but they are located in Darwin….

PM me if you have more info…
tx

waav8r
31st Jul 2005, 02:07
Timoc1

As it sounds that you're after recurrent training, you would already be familiar with the fact that no sane 400-series operator (particularly with the G TSO engine) would allow their aircraft to be used for repeated simulated engine-out training. But, most operators would gladly allow you to fly their aircraft under the supervision of one of their own trusted employees - provided you are willing to part with an appropriate amount of cash, that is. Try giving Darryl Newman at Australasian Jet at Essendon a ring. They have a couple of well-maintained Titans on their flight line.

RGDS.

kiki
1st Aug 2005, 19:36
what would aus jet be like to work for,, what do they pay.. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ....... any gosssssssssssssssssss..

Chilli Tarts
6th Aug 2005, 22:44
I know Coastwings at Port Macquarie operate a C421 (B model) which they may complete training in, check out; http://www.coastwings.com.au/

rearwhelsteer888
9th Aug 2005, 23:19
I have heard that this company above has done training in the same 421 or another one without any consideration for the type of engine that the aircraft posseses and stuffed the engine to the tune of $70,000 plus ,surely they would not do it twice,those 375 hp geared jobs are not ever to be used for assym training! who doesn't know that?
RWS888:E