PDA

View Full Version : A340 course in HKG

penitoff
3rd May 2000, 17:25
Anybody else going on the CX A330/340 course in HKG starting 15th May? I posted to the nightstop forum looking for suggestions on places to go/avoid and things to do/not to do, but got no response :-(

I'm gonna be there for 10 weeks so will have plenty of time to kill. I think I'm gonna be staying at the Regal Airport Hotel. Any info re HKG or CX courses would be appreciated.

brgds PenItOff

spannersatcx
3rd May 2000, 22:21
Best courses in the world, 10-12 weeks sat at a computer listening to some French bloke wittering on about Airbuses. If you know Boeings forget everything, it is completely opposite/backwards/upside down, Boeing do it that way so they do it this (bloody French). Exam at the enfd of each module and a final exam at the end of the course.
HKG expensive for beer, normally find happy hrs and go from one to the other. If you like Indian food Chung King Mansions in TST, just close your eyes until you get in!
Causeway bay for restaurants/bars etc.
Be careful if buying electrical goods, what you see is not always what you get, once out of the door there are NO consumer writes.
Haven't been for over a year last time I was ther I was in the Regal Airport, not bad, McDonalds and Olivers sandwich bar in the terminal. HKG proper is a train/bus ride away, Train 100HKD rtn I think Bus 40 each way (takes an hr to causeway bay).
if you want cheap computer stiuff goto Sham Shoi Po, (spelling most probably wrong) or Mong Kok.

CCA
4th May 2000, 00:57
Remember these; Dusk til Dawn, Carnegies, Joe Banana's and The Jump, plus get a copy of "BC magazine" it's free and can tell you everything about what to do each month while in HK most pub's and restaurants have copy's stacked up somewhere.

Denzil
4th May 2000, 10:53
If you get the chance go to Kublai,s, one in TST and one on Wanchai. It's a Mongolian wok place, pay your money and eat all you can. A good curry place in the Wanch is Shaffi's.
Enjoy HKG, I alway's do!

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

Jango
4th May 2000, 13:02
If your course is in Cx you will be able to use the CX food court in CX city. Cheapest around without going too far. Shuttle bus from terminal to CX City is free.

Even a Park n Shop and a bank in there.

10 weeks...killer!

HotDog
8th May 2000, 14:50
Now that the Headland (CX) Hotel is up and running, that's where you'll be staying. It is in Cathay City, which is Cathay headquarters, everything is there from operations to flight training and groundschool. The Hotel is very good but only CX staff or associated company personnel can stay there. It has a pool, gym, restaurants and the Dakota Club bar. Very impressive, actually.

penitoff
13th May 2000, 12:33
Many thanks for all your responses. Looks like Business class is full, I might have to go in economy :-(

brgds PenItOff