PDA

View Full Version : W.A. Schools

Frankyj
28th Jul 2005, 06:20
G'day,
I am interested in obtaining my CPL(H) for a career in Helicopters, and have read many of the posts in regards to recommended schools. However, i have notice that Western Australian schools aren't mentioned at all.

Could someone out there give me the rap on any schools in WA, particularly Jandikot Helicopters.

Thank you all for your time,

Matt

TheGimp
28th Jul 2005, 09:30
I did my CPL(H) with Jandakot Helicopters last year and had a great time - I can highly recommend them. They are all really down-to-earth, friendly blokes who will go out of their way to help you out. The flight instructors are really knowledgable and the training you get is first class. All of the theory training is done in-house with bespoke sets of notes and you spend days going through each topic to make sure you understand it all. Feel free to ask the theory instructor as many tricky questions as you like :} You also get some "real world" insight and the chance to help ground crew at events. There are regular performance evaluations and knowledge tests to keep you on your toes and I understand they bought some new aircraft at the beginning of the year as well. If you like a challenge, do a landing at the city helipad down by the river :ok:

You will be a better pilot if you do your traning here IMHO.

TheGimp

Frankyj
29th Jul 2005, 02:35
Thanks TheGimp :D Sounds like the school for me.:ok:

Matt

BigMike
29th Jul 2005, 06:10
Heli-West are also at Jandakot with new 300Cbi to train in. Good company with a busy commercial operation. Very friendly bunch with a chance to learn not only the flying side, but the maintenence as well. Don't know anyone at Jandakot Helicopters but have heard they are a good crowd.

Cheers BigMike

vortexstate
29th Jul 2005, 08:04
As previously mentioned, there are two qualified schools in the west that offer commercial training. My advise is to visit both schools and see what they both have to offer.