PDA

View Full Version : GLA-SFB Direct This Winter

Harrier46
27th Jul 2005, 20:36
Excel will be operating a weekly 767-300 this winter from GLA-SFB on Fridays from November to April on behalf of new company Your Florida Air. What is the market like for winter flights on this route as nobody seems to have done this before?

Tiger
28th Jul 2005, 07:18
I` d guess busy. Other charter airlines operate GLA-SFB include MyTravel and I`m sure Thomson have hopped across the Atlantic from Glasgow previously. Scotish people like the sun too!:)

LGWAlan
28th Jul 2005, 11:54
As far as I can tell - the company "Your Florida Air" does not have an ATOL license - who's providing coverage for it then?

Harrier46
28th Jul 2005, 15:22
According to their site www.yourfloridaair.com it should be issued in two weeks or so. They have already contracted the Excel aircraft so I suppose they must be convinced!

nickmanl
28th Jul 2005, 15:37
Is anyone else petty like me and gets annoyed when airlines put the wrong picture of aircraft up on their website? That is a 762, not a 763!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

goldeneye
28th Jul 2005, 17:31
good news if it comes off, but ive a feeling they wll have problems filling it themselves, I think the flight may have to get shared with one of the major tour ops, maybe even Travel City will take an allocation on it. I seem to recall that Globespan were looking at launching year round flights from Glasgow to Sandford with a B777, has anyone heard anymore about this.

Harrier46
16th Sep 2005, 14:43
Well, the ATOL has been granted so flights will be going ahead from early November. Or rather late October as the first outbounds will be with Airtours and Excel aircraft from November 4th. As to filling the aircraft time will tell!

GW76
16th Sep 2005, 17:04
As far as I can see its a 763