PDA

View Full Version : Expat Questions...

tdk90
27th Jul 2005, 19:08
Greetings!

I had a couple of questions if some of you more experienced Pruners could spare me a couple of minutes..

Background:-

I have dual US/UK citizenship and am currently flying commercially in the states with an FAA ATP. I have NO JAA licences at all apart from a JAA Class 1 medical. I am a former RAF ATCO.

I should be logging P1 (PIC) in a 19 seat turbo-prop fairly soon and I want to make sure I get 500hrs in that so I can exempt myself from the 770 hr classroom requirement.

My questions are:

1. If and when I decide to come back to Blighty, would kind of employer would look at me with a f/ATPL and couple of thousand hours, of which about 1000 would be p1 turbo-prop? I'm not interested in any kind of pay for training or pay for type training.

2. The current JAA regs allow me to take the 14 exams without the ground school training and then get a type rating in the same aircaft I'm typed in with the FAA. Would I be able to take a type rating and a ATP skill test at the same time?

Thanks a lot :)

ALV2500
27th Jul 2005, 20:10
TDK,

The best thing to do is get the offical word by calling the CAA. I have always found them to be very helpful whenever I've called. I'm in the left seat of a CRJ out of Ohio at present. I'm going to Gatwick soon for a medical then possibly going through Bristol for the writtens. I know there were exemptions for those flying aircraft heavier than 30t but I'm not sure what the latest deal is.

Regards , AL