PDA

View Full Version : A320 post flight analysis

Carnage Matey!
24th Apr 2000, 22:17
Can any of you gurus out there tell me how to get details of the 'g' pulled on landing in my A320? Apparently there's a 2 digit code required in Param Lab but our engineers can't (or won't) remember it whenever I ask them.

spanners
25th Apr 2000, 01:26
If you're with Big Airways and it's over the limits, they'll let you know soon enough!!

The QAR tape or optical disk goes to the FDR section of engineering of your company who WILL know what the data means.

danflyer
25th Apr 2000, 02:02
Try this:
Go into the "AIDS". Push the "MAN REQST REPORT" line key. There you find the item "LOAD REPORT". Go in and push "ALL" and make a printout.
Below the title "MAX/MIN 1 TO 3 SEC INTERVAL" you find the abbreviation VRTA which stands for vertical acceleration.
Next to S3 is the max. positive and next to S4 is the max. negative g-load printed.

For example: S3 0124
S4 0079

That means: + 1.24g
- 0.79g

I hope that works on your A320.

AIRBUS58
12th Aug 2000, 02:40
The AIDS system Man request , select
load report 15 , print .
T1 line will show the vtra ,long g,lat g
This for the old DMU on the orig AIDS the A320.

For the upto date system man request,load report 15, line S3 positive g
S4 negative g.

HARD LANDING IS 2.6 G
HEAVEY LANDING 1.7
STANDARD LANDING IS ABOUT 1.O G

Blacksheep
16th Aug 2000, 18:22
Beware of reading too much into recorded data. Although this question relates specifically to Airbus, I was asked by our Fleet Technical Captain what "G" figure would correspond to a heavy landing. This being controversial, I passed the request on to Boeing. They replied that as FDR data is recorded as a series of instantaneous readings, to get the actual touch-down "G" would be a mere coincidence. They said that it is impossible to give a meaningful figure and defined a heavy landing as one where either it was a heavy landing in the opinion of the crew, or where evidence of damage is found during post-flight inspection.

Their comments about the FDR data seem very reasonable to me for any aircraft, not just a Boeing. The gaps in the data stream between Vertical Acceleration "bits" are huge compared to the interval when the snapshot reading is taken.

Through difficulties to the cinema

[This message has been edited by Blacksheep (edited 16 August 2000).]