View Full Version : Most widely read newspaper by pilots in US

Fastmover321
27th Jul 2005, 13:06
Hi Folks,

I'm a European 'bus pilot doing a part time MSc degree and as part of this I am trying to find out what the most widely read newspaper or other forum is used by pilots in the US looking to find new jobs.

Do you folks use the internet mostly or are there newspapers and magazines that you would commonly look at for jobs?

Any suggestions are welcomed and I can then check them out in more detail.

Check 6
29th Jul 2005, 10:15
FM321, the only periodical that I am aware of is Trade-A-Plane (http://www.trade-a-plane.com/index.shtml). It is available in print form via subscription, purchase from a bookstore, and available online.

Otherwise, US pilots use many internet sources in addition to Trade-A-Plane, such as www.aeps.com www.climbto350.com, www.findapilot.com and others.

Check 6

aeronautic1
31st Jul 2005, 22:27
Most of us Biz pilots read Hustler Magazine but Barely Legal runs a close second!!

weasil
4th Aug 2005, 03:44
a lot of people get up to date information on www.aviationinterviews.com
And I think you'll find that job fairs are reasonably common. IE: Attending a job fair to meet potential employers.

Xfr8dog
14th Aug 2005, 01:12
Most widely read newspaper by airline pilots is USA Today.

Is there another group of people in the world other than pilots who read more for pleasure?

Fastmover321
17th Aug 2005, 10:17
LMAO: at least I can now tell my wife now that I can read Hustler as it is strictly for educational purposes :ok:

Thanks for your help!