PDA

View Full Version : Should I ... or ... Shouldnt I ???

jamielatham
27th Jul 2005, 11:20
Hi;

If i was to say to you that I have a Guaranteed £34,000 when i am 18, do you think i should go for flight training in America, this has always been my lifetime ambition...If i was going to go i would do the course at Naples Air Center, the Carrer Pilot Course (FAA and JAA) or similar!

So, the question is if i have got 95% of the money without selling a house or car etc... should i go for it and hope for a job at the end of it?

Thanks

Jay

Playtime_fontayne
27th Jul 2005, 11:27
i'd say go for it. unless you can think of anything better to do?? :D

metar
27th Jul 2005, 11:46
Just remember to factor in the thousands of quid / dollars living expenses etc!

I would also urge you to go for it!

richarjm
27th Jul 2005, 21:32
Have to agree with playtime, one of the wisest men I know. That's amount should just about see you through. 18 is quite young though and I would consider Uni or similar seriously as you have the rest of your life to be a pilot. It might be sensible to have another feather in your cap come huge oil price increases and job layoffs.
I know what I would have done in your shoes but my sensible hat says think about it. Be sure it's what you want!

Andi
28th Jul 2005, 19:42
jamie,
agree to playmetarrich;)

If u dont have to worry too much about the money and u really want it then GO 4 IT!!
BUT :think about it!!!might be better to get some sensible job first (not meaning that beeing a pilot is unsensible):hmm:
mean it just 4 security 4 yourself if something goes wrong.

Guys,have to give all 3 of you who responded to jamie all my respect cuz I
thought u might tear him apart cuz of his question.there is a similar site here in
Ger(mini) where people and wannnnnabe pilots are very rude to rookys.
RESPECT,knew that I got right lic and right website:E

All the best jamie:ok: