PDA

View Full Version : CAA CAT X ELECTRICS

freddie the fish
19th Jan 2000, 10:27
Has anyone got any recent (or not so)electrics multi choice papers that they would be willing to lend me a copy of.
I really have to get off of my fat ass and get JAR 66 out of the way.
Any help would be appreciated.

rerackit
22nd Jan 2000, 01:20
How`s the rest of the airframe world getting on with the electrical licence? I haven`t heard of any riggers passing it yet. Are you all keeping it quiet or just hoping it will go away.

WideBodiedEng
22nd Jan 2000, 03:47
As I'm an elder lemon (or Old Fart) I'm ignoring it!

------------------
The Stamp is mightier than the Toolbox!!

spannersatcx
22nd Jan 2000, 14:03
If companies got involved and supplied adequate training instead of leaving it to the individual to bear the costs and use up their own time, then I expect more will do it. Co's will just reap the benefits as usual without paying for it. Until such time you probably won't get many doing it and will continue to use their current licences/approvals with their grandfather rites. And as the CAA is milking conversion to JAR66 most people can't afford to throw away £1000 +.

growler
23rd Jan 2000, 12:47
I know of several A+C guys who have got the X electrical bit but still have to do the Digital Techniques (Mod 5 ?).I'm afraid credit has to go to their employer (my former) who paid for them all to do courses.
Personally I am studying through Licence By Post. It's hard work and has taken me the best part of 6 months so far and I'm still not ready. I have a good mind just to take it anyway. At least I'll find out what I dont know, and could possibly pass one module,or is that not allowed?

freddie the fish
24th Jan 2000, 09:20
so no-one's actually got any question papers then?

gas path
24th Jan 2000, 15:47
HHMMM!!..
Just wondering how are the enginners in some of the countries that do not have a licence system going to manage, they will have to do the lot.
Isn't France one of them that relied on just a company approval system??
I suppose I too can manage on 'grandfather' rights but I might do it just for interest.
Now I know why we spent so much time on digital techniqes on each of the 'glass' cockpit type courses! :)