PDA

View Full Version : INTERVIEWS

Leatherman
19th Jan 2000, 05:16
hey I am in a wierd mood , but wonder about my fellow professionals reactions to this and other technical interview questions/
I was asked by a major U.K. maintainence co.
if I would revise my inspection, given certain economic and manpower and availablity considerations.To this I gave a big no no.Needless to say I did not get offered the position, and have no regrets in that case.How about you and certain technical interview questions that had you wondering.Maybe you could get some reaction here?

greaseytech
19th Jan 2000, 13:07
Leatherman, was this interview with the White Hatters? They are very cost aware now that they have to justify their existance to share holders. And no, I wouldn't revise my standards either.

gas path
19th Jan 2000, 15:53
You didn't get offered it?
I think I would have told 'em to 'stuff it'

aeroguru
22nd Jan 2000, 04:20
You techies should realise that planners and sales guys are the main men and that the work pack is the bible cos we make it that way.You should do as we say and if the card says inspect the left nose wheel then ignore the right one O.K.?If the card says check rivet 15 and all the other 14 are fallin out then so what!My boss says that the bean counters luv us cos we saves em monie.So you sez I am a failed mechie but I say I as been promoted to an igher plane.Now wen I go on my hols to Ibiza I am upgraded an the trolley dollies are wettin emselves to pour the free booz down my neck.Except that snotty one who remembers me as a galley rat when I was on the line.She said she thought ah wuz caterin standards bloke cos ah sampled all the foods onload an offload!My mate the storezman helped me do this cos ah dont undertand this windoze biz.Well its like that bloody ECAM an EICAS.None of you smartarses wud show me ow to tackle it.Ma boss rekuns that you lot lot are on the way out anyway an we'll hav quickfit fitters.There the boyz to trust.Cos that bloody CAA wudnt ever let me take one o there exams ah went to stateside wi my mate to do that a an pee thingy.Bloody doddle,ah knew all the answers but that bloody practicul test got me.But the guy knew his stuff an he told me to try somemat better.On the flight back I wuz on the flight deck.Bloody doddle that job is.My boss ses well have the video camares on em soon so we can watch em pickin there noses.My boss ses we only have to write down the bloody ECAM an EICAS messages before you guys can eraze em.Anyway my boss ses that thv finally got the bloody CAA tamed and there droppin the standuds wi no oral so they cor discriminate against me an the likes.I might be the anger formin over a bunch o them quickfit guys!We wud av to cut out sum o them fancy wurdz from the task cardz but thatud soot me.Nuf sed eh you greasie lot.Ahd like to get rid o sum o this stuff out the stores like borescoop kits an trim kitz cos I think you just scive on the end of em and get paid fortunes for nowt.The bean counters rool and techies drool k.o.?

greaseytech
28th Jan 2000, 02:21
Leatherman
You still haven't enlightened us as to who you had your interview with. Come on, spill the beans (no pun intended), we would all love to know.

Leatherman
28th Jan 2000, 23:19
Oh,O.K. then ,northwest English airport,major third party maint.co.City associated with current european champions league winners with a grumpy Scots manager who is now a sir.Famous t.v soap reveals jobsworth attitude of inhabitants.Do i have to spell it?

spannersatcx
29th Jan 2000, 00:34
You're better off out of there anyway, you know what the initials stand for don't you.
Loadof S**t are the last 2. Been there, don't ever want to go back there thanks.