PDA

View Full Version : join Netjets or Easyjet...?

sonicguy
26th Jul 2005, 17:12
I have the choice to join either Easy or Netjets...

What would be the best choice ?

Thanks

Cheers

Sonic;)

The Greaser
26th Jul 2005, 17:37
All depends - with easyJet you will get loads of good experience in a short time and be home every night, time to command is short if you have the required hours. The hours are long but the roster pattern is fixed 5-2-5-4 so you can predict your days off months in advance. With netjets you will probably fly less and be away from home more and be less able to predict when you will and won't have to work. Don't know what the Netjet salary is like but easyJet FO salary is not bad.

trainer too 2
26th Jul 2005, 19:20
If you like to fly lots of hours on bigger irons with quick turnarounds EasyJet is the place. If you like talking to the (some times) interesting pax fly less but to more interesting varied destinations NetJets is more fun and less hours.

Expect a constant changing roster when on the road but a good days on and off with NetJets.In short NetJets is more fun flying but EasyJet is better paying. With Easyjet there are limited (but growing numbers of) places you can be based. With NetJets you have several gateways you can live and start your duty.

So it come sdown to lifestyle and salary!

Wizofoz
26th Jul 2005, 22:56
sonic guy= sigle guy- Netjets

sonic guy= married guy- Easyjet

Doug the Head
27th Jul 2005, 08:10
Donīt forget another really big plus at NetJets is that you can live anywhere you want, provided itīs close to a big international airport and you DONīT have to pay for your type rating!

People in EZY are constantly wishing/hoping/praying for a base in Spain but the queue/fight to get there will be enourmous if it ever happens. However if you work for NJ you can live in Spain (or anywhere else for that matter) if you want and you can maintain your social life outside the airline business.

I have some friends working for NJ and, despite the fact that they donīt fly Boeings or Scarebusses, they really enjoy it! The pay is good, you fly with very nice airplanes and you are not knackered all the time so you can actually enjoy your days off in the place where you choose to live!

The only īproblemī might NJ pose in the future is if you ever want to go back to a major airline. I donīt know how they will look at corporate jet experience.

I tried NJ before joining EZY, but unfortunately never got called for an interview. EZY was second choice to me as it meant being stuck in the UK and having to pay 23000 Pounds for my type rating... :{

Good luck! :ok:

redsnail
27th Jul 2005, 09:02
Never got through the Advanced Handling Course at easyJet and that cost me ÂĢ3,000 and had to resign from my job.
A very costly experiment.
Friends who fly for eJ don't mind it. They have told me once you're used to the 737 or Airbus and have been there for a few months it can be boring. Same destinations, no contact with pax and SOPs that basicly tell you to keep the autopilot on pretty much all of the time.
Admittedly they are home every night, although that time arriving home could be 2-3am. From I see the 5 2 5 4 roster does suit most people. (Note, if you live far away from your base you'll be more tired because of the travelling).

I'm now in Netjets Europe and I can honestly say I am not bored. Friends who have been in there for 5 years aren't bored either. One's just gone onto the Falcon 2000 and now is going to the Far East and to the US often as well as Africa and intra Europe.

I didn't have to pay for my uniform, got a salary and allowances from Day1 of starting and the package isn't bad over all. We do have a roster. 6 on 4-5 off.
When you're at work you can be sent pretty much any where and you are allowed to hand fly as much as possible when you're ferrying.

The FO pay is pretty similar to an easyJet FO pay once you include allowances and you're comparing UK Netjets FO to UK easyJet FO.
Netjets loses to eayJet on command pay by roughly 10K I think.
Time to command in Netjets does depend on your experience and their requirements. It can be in 6-18 months time depending on how you feel too.

Netjets is still expanding rapidy so that's good news for commands.

No job is perfect that's for sure. You have to ask yourself what suits you best. Do you want to be home every night and fly a 737/Airbus or do you want a lot of variety and fly a corporate jet with the (eventual) choice of short haul or long haul.

His dudeness
27th Jul 2005, 09:03
Sonic, donīt know your Background, but:

you can ALWAYS go back to executive, but the gates on Airlines close when you reach a certain age...

hd

Riker
29th Jul 2005, 17:54
Paritally depends upon aircraft assignment. If they put you on a Falcon 2000 or GV as a newhire (where you get good type ratings), then Netjets might be a better bet if you are already not interested in the LCCs. If you are assigned a smaller corporate jet type (say a Bravo that you might sit in for years) then maybe the Airbus/737NG choice might be better for you.

Both are good choices in this market. Hopefully Easy's schedules will improve (the subject of many posts on Pprune).

Let us know your eventual choice - good luck!

sonicguy
31st Jul 2005, 11:35
Thanks a lot to all of you for your replies....

I am still considering between Easy and Net....with a final decision in the next few days....

;)

Riker
31st Jul 2005, 18:20
Again, you need to consider a few points:

1. Lifestyle (do you want the Easy roster/pattern or do you want the ad-hoc fractional schedule). Set routes or unlimited variety at Netjets.

2. Aircraft type - what is your likely aircraft type at Netjets? Sitting as an FO in a Bravo for 3-4 years might not be so appealing but flying as an FO in a F2000 would not be too bad...

3. Long term interests. Do you want to retire as a Virgin 744 Captain? Perhaps Easy would be the better route in that case if flying a 737/Airbus would facilitate that career path. Or, maybe you'd rather get onto the GV in the long term (probably 10 years or so to the LHS) and fly it worldwide...

Good luck and tell us which way you choose....