PDA

View Full Version : SouthWest Airlines Crew Flt#1159

Amigatu
26th Jul 2005, 16:49
I just wanted to thank a crew member on Flight 1831 SouthWest Airlines. I took my first flight on July 9th in PVD to MCO. I was never so scared in all my life. I never even dreamed on going on a plane but my family talked me into it. A Flight Attendent on this flight by the name of Smoaky was so wonderful to me. He helped me so so much thru this flight. We were going to have a rough landing in MCO because of Hurricane winds but Smoaky or Smoakie helped me thru it all the way. He went beyond his duty in my opinion and took the time to explain everything to me. If anyone knows him please tell him how wonderful I think he is and only hope to see him again someday. I tried to write SW to tell them how wonderful he is but I can't find any way to contact SW about a employee. Thank you Smoakie and God Bless You!! I will never forget what you did for me.
Always,
Amigatu

The Pilots on this flight!! You did a wonderful job and I shaked your hand when we landed. God Bless you all!! Thank you for making my first time flying a experience I will do again.

Globaliser
26th Jul 2005, 17:23
Hi, Amigatu, and welcome to PPRuNe!

It's always great to see when someone has appreciated something that a crew member has done that they want to write to say so.

I would suggest two things.

First, this page (http://www.southwest.com/about_swa/luvbook.html) on the Southwest website gives a snail mail address of:-
Southwest Airlines
Customer Relations
P.O. Box 36647 - 1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235-1647Second, you might want to have a look in this forum (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=501) and see whether or not anyone there knows of anyone more specific to write to within the organisation. I personally have a fear of letters to Customer Relations just getting lost in the maw of internal communications. However, Southwest is known for its employee-friendly management style and there's probably less chance of a letter to Customer Relations not making it to the relevant managers than at some other airlines.

Amigatu
26th Jul 2005, 19:34
I will have to sit down and right a letter to them. It is well worth my time. He was so great! I flew SW home also and the crew was very nice but he was exceptional. We had delays on our flight home, plus thunder and lightning flying home, so I think maybe I have seen the worst I could see for a first time flying. lol
Have a great night and thanks again!
Amiagtu

Amigatu
27th Jul 2005, 16:29
I put in wrong flight number because we had changed our flight. It was flight 1831 and I just got off the phone with Customer Relations at SW. I told them all about Smoakie. Thanks for all your help.
Amigatu

seacue
28th Jul 2005, 17:25
Yesterday, July 27, I flew WN 221 from KFLL to KBWI. As boarding-time (6 pm) approached it was announced that there would be a 100-minute delay due to bad weather at BWI. About 45 minutes into that delay a trolley of soft drinks, ice and snacks was rolled up to the waiting area - "help yourself" - far more than were required by the pax.

We eventually boarded but the captain shortly appeared at the front of the cabin and announced that ATC had imposed another hour's delay just as we were about to push back. All were given the option of deplaning if we wished. Lots returned with pizzas, etc.

The eventual flight was smooth, even reasonably so when crossing the front that had caused the delay.

And, I decided to bring home the beach umbrella that I'd bought at FLL. [American had temporaily lost the previous one on 50% of its flights - and then destroyed it]. While WN had me sign a damage release, they handled the 'brella much more carefully than AA.

Downside was the minor chaos at baggage delivery at KBWI. A power outage (during the storm) had upset things. And the nice leather seat bottoms on the 737-700 aren't shaped quite right and I kept slipping forward :(

As to customer email to WN, I understand that they have a company policy against it. This would seem to be a filter against the loose-cannon nastiness we see on the Internet. If people feel strongly enough they can write a real paper letter (or apparently phone).