View Full Version : Becomming a Flight Engineer

rock steady fred
6th Sep 1999, 03:08
I wonder if someone could tell me how to become a Flight Engineer?

LME (GOD)
10th Sep 1999, 03:15
First, go to your nearest hospital and obtain a lobotomy, then say "i want to be a pilot".
Easy

------------------
It flew in, it'll fly out

woftam
10th Sep 1999, 04:48
LME
You just reminded me why F/E's are called stagecoach drivers.
They sit behind two ars*holes all day.
:)

QAVION
11th Sep 1999, 06:56
"Becomming"???

Fred...

Step 1. Learn how to spell, so that we earthbound engineers can understand what-the-h@ll you've written in the logbook.

Step 2. Learn how to change your own lightbulbs.... I'm tired of having someone interrupt my teabreak and forcing me to walk half a kilometre, up two flights of stairs, just to change a couple of "387"(miniature) lightbulbs(Believe me, you won't put me out of a job...I already have plenty of things to do).

Step 3. Learn humility....Try not to forget that there IS(usually) more than one aircraft in the fleet...and that just because you're on it, your aircraft is not necessarily the most important one.

Otherwise, simply join the queue.....ASAP(It's a long one, so you'll be there a while!). Don't become an Avionics Engineer while you're waiting.... Employers seem to favour Engine/Airframe category personnel.

Cheers.
QAVION

P.S. Sorry......Should I have posted this in the "Jet Blast" forum?

woftam
12th Sep 1999, 13:15
QAVION,
Wouldn't be a conehead who got knocked back would we? :)

LME (GOD)
13th Sep 1999, 06:42
Avionics, surely the superior profession!! Who wants to change wheels and brakes http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif)

------------------

Genghis the Engineer
17th Sep 1999, 15:22
I'd rather go flying without avionics than without wheels and brakes (or more to the point a fully serviceable engine).

LME (GOD)
21st Sep 1999, 04:30
Ghengis, ....better to have the mickey mouse compass and a stopwatch to reach the fire service than ploughing a field in the boonies

------------------

LME (GOD)
21st Sep 1999, 04:31
Ghengis, ....better to have the mickey mouse compass and a stopwatch to reach the fire service than ploughing a field in the boonies

------------------