PDA

View Full Version : New FlyGlobespan routes STN-TFS & STN-GVA

pamann
26th Jul 2005, 13:41
Things are happening with FlyGlobespan "Scotland Airline" with new daily routes from London Stansted to Tenerife (from 1st Nov) & Geneva (from 22nd Dec).
Could this be a new base for them??? Bit of a surprise move if you ask me!:D

zedex7rrrrrrr
26th Jul 2005, 14:08
That's fantastic news! Have you and idea if new aircraft will be acquired as well?

LTNman
26th Jul 2005, 15:57
So has this “Scottish Airline” already run out of new routes from Scotland that could make a profit and now needs to concentrate on where the real money is?

goldeneye
26th Jul 2005, 16:18
looking at the timetables, looks like there are going to base a couple of aircraft at STN for these flights. I think there operating them to utilise the aircraft when the scottish winter routes are cut back, ie GLA-PFO, PMI, FAO & NCE and EDI-BCN, FAO, NCE, PMI, PRG & FCO.

Too me it makes sense, and give some of the "London" lowcost airlines a run for there money, as having flown GSP, EZY & FR, its has definately got a better product.

outofsynch
26th Jul 2005, 23:13
I'll be surprised if easyjet doesnt give them a run for their money too!

Nil further
27th Jul 2005, 07:32
EZY are just about to give them a run for there money out of GLA .
Big announcement coming soon . 5 new routes inthe winter ,more next summer.

Rumour is 5 airbus at GLA next summer.

Ive heard it all before as well , many times . I have strong info' to make me think its gonna happen this time .

NF

billyg
29th Jul 2005, 07:43
NF , let's hope for Glasgows sake that this one bears fruit. GLAs current list of scheduled destinations in mainland Europe is a joke.

nivsy
30th Jul 2005, 08:22
Totally agree with previous: links to mainland europe out of Glasgow on scheduled services continues to be hideous. Why do all business people prefer to fly via LHR on the shuttle? Continues to baffle me! There remains no direct daily link into CDG for heavens sake - must be the only UK airport without it!

Meanwhile Glopespan STILL are mucking people around on summer services. Have a freind coming down to Malaga August - outbound and inbound flight have been changed.

Nivsy

Jan the man
30th Jul 2005, 10:02
It looks like Easyjet now have STN-GVA on sale as well (twice daily), although I could not find anything in their news section (?).
Probably a bit provocative of Flyglobespan to start a route linking two EZY bases...
I think competing against the 'bigger boys' is a totally different game for GSM ...

Jan

jack_essex
23rd Aug 2005, 21:27
Fly Globespan have some very cheap return flights from STN to either GLA or EDI. With prices cheaper than Easyjet on these routes GSM offer a much higher service. One of the main benefits is allocated seating which saves all the hassle with the likes of FR and EZY.

Oshkosh George
24th Aug 2005, 22:16
Yes,but what you have to remember is that EZY include most of the extra charges in the quoted price,but GSM don't. Take it to the bottom line,and there isn't much difference.

GoEDI
25th Aug 2005, 14:53
£39.99 return is still good.

Well yes, but not when you start off at 19p(x2). ;)

Runway 31
25th Aug 2005, 17:24
Remember the prices are "From".