PDA

View Full Version : CFM56 Water washing

Duckwing6
12th Aug 1999, 14:54
Hello Fellows!

I'm currently thinking about incorporating a regular water wash of our CFM56-3 and -7 Fleet. I've seen the EGT margin increase on our -3's but so far i haven't got any experience with washing the -7's. Due to the fact that the -7 has a different core engine (more a -5) i'm looking for some infos on washing either -7's or -5's

Thx
Phil (DW6)

nomnom
13th Aug 1999, 15:50
Just Testing

H721
13th Aug 1999, 20:19
I have washed the CFMs on A340 quite a few times and the procedures in the AMM are straight forward and easy.

------------------
Not much of an engineer

[This message has been edited by H721 (edited 13 August 1999).]

Duckwing6
16th Aug 1999, 10:15
i hear ya... did you take any special precautions for not washing the fan blades (because that negatively affects EGT margin)... i've seen Austrian Airlines folks washing A340's with the fan debladed .. did you do the same ? (heheh i have only Boeing AMM's at hand)

H721
16th Aug 1999, 18:50
Washing without fan blades???? I've never do that before. Not such requirement in Airbus AMM. I have been working closely with GE guys on compressor core washing many times, no such requirement neither. AMM says just to point the de-mineralized water to the hot-stream intake area.

GE guys said best wash the engine with hot water, something like 90 degree C. Contact your local GE/CFM office.

------------------
Not much of an engineer