PDA

View Full Version : Air France pilot "amuck" in CPH

troubleatthemill
25th Jul 2005, 21:07
According to Danish news agency Ritzau a 43-year old Air France pilot has been arrested and charged by Danish police after allegedly headbutting a CPH employee during an argument. According to the news agency the employee was in the process of refueling the plane when the argument started...

catchup
26th Jul 2005, 06:27
Did he get sufficient fuel?

regards

Payscale
26th Jul 2005, 08:12
You sure do, and now he is in prison for it. Good thing for him he did it in denmark where the prisons are nicer than most places :hmm:

Diabolo
26th Jul 2005, 09:03
Don't worry he won't stay long.

Expect to be release this afternoon, and be back here this evening.

AF & French Union SNPL get the case.

Be back soon operational .

A+

Alpha Leader
26th Jul 2005, 10:23
Would anyone care to enlighten us as to
the events which culminated in Monsieur le Capitaine getting himself into the clink?

gillesc
26th Jul 2005, 13:10
In french he is: Monsieur le Commandant de Bord.

jewitts
26th Jul 2005, 13:26
The Danish press isn't very clear why, but apparently the 43 year old French pilot is likely to be jailed for striking an airport worker:

Fransk voldspilot kræves fængslet

Den franske pilot, der mandag nikkede en lufthavnsmedarbejder i Københavns Lufthavn en skalle, kræves nu fængslet

Pernille Christensen - 8:07 - 26. jul. 2005

Den 43-årige franske pilot, der mandag havde lidt svært ved at styre sit temperament i Københavns Lufthavn, kræves nu fængslet.

Piloten fra det det franske luftfartsselskab Air France blev anholdt, efter at han mandag gik amok og nikkede en lufthavnsmedarbejder en skalle, da et fly var ved at blive gjort klar til en tur mod Paris.

Ifølge vagthavende hos Københavns Politi i Kastrup kunne den franske pilot ikke styre sig under en diskussion med offeret, der var i færd med at fylde brændstof på flyet. Det banale skænderi endte derfor voldeligt.

Jean-Michel Gros
26th Jul 2005, 20:17
Hey, are you sure you're all pilots, guys?
I AM, and I'm flying for Air France too... Should I be ashamed?..
If the event is true, I can see no reason why such an attitude would be acceptable! Yet, there MUST be a reason (but it will probably not be an excuse) for what happened, and anyone should consider it BEFORE making his/her mind about it...
French "arrogance" is an easy way to avoid questionning... I'm trying not to be "arrogant" but I often feel that most of those who keep talking should consider their ability of being NOT french and yet arrogant...
Please, let's defend people but keep fighting (bad) ideas and (bad) practices, wherever they come from...
Happy landings.

Baron rouge
26th Jul 2005, 20:45
Apparently the guy involved is not the captain but the copilot.
He smashed his head into the refueler's face... For once that a copilot uses his head ;)

Diabolo
27th Jul 2005, 06:05
He came back yesterday afternoon to Paris.
Welcome back home budy....................
He is not the Capt. but the FO.

I will not debate about his motivations.
I can only tells you that the Mazoute Man (Fuel man was Brit by the way) deserved it...

Who talks about arrongance ?

At least here we use or head and brains before talking ..:mad:

Happy Hours

Rollingthunder
27th Jul 2005, 06:15
There are mechanisms for resolving disputes in a civilized society that do not involve violence especially amongst those tasked with flying passengers on civil airliners.

Headbutting someone over a dispute is plainly unacceptable and lowlife behaviour. Assuming the headbutting actually occured of course. If it did actually occur, the miscreant should be prosocuted to the full extent of the law.

watergate
27th Jul 2005, 07:05
Understand from Danish newspapers that the French pilot pleaded guilty and received a DKK 5000 fine. End of story.

jewitts
27th Jul 2005, 07:37
More news from Denmark press:

27.07.05 - Bøde til pilot for at nikke en skalle
En andenpilot fra et fransk fly fik en bøde på 5.000 kr. efter at have erkendt at have nikket en lufthavnsansat en skalle i Københavns Lufthavn. De to var uenige om, hvordan flyet skulle tankes op. (Øvrige kilder: Politiken, side 3 / Berlingske Tidende, side 3 / BT, side 15 / Urban, side 6)
(Jyllands-Posten København / side 2 / 27-07-2005 / Ritzau

(Rough translation) First officer of a French plane received a 5.000 kr fine (€670, USD803) after admitting striking (headbutting) an airport employee at Copenhagen airport. The 2 were in disagreement on how the plane should be refuelled.

So clearly guilty of "losing his (oily) rag"
Perhaps he only had a Total-Fina-Elf credit card and they filled her up with A1 from Statoil?

PA28Viking
27th Jul 2005, 08:51
It seems the argument was about the fuel guy refusing to follow an internal Air France procedure, which required him to check the fuel instruments in the cockpit before start loading fuel…

Payscale
28th Jul 2005, 05:23
Who the hell cares where he came from.
A pilot had a dispute with a fueller. To prove his point he BUTTHEADED the guy. Is that how it went down?
Do you want people like that flying airplanes?

Was he attacked? There must be more to the story. You dont just to that and then pay 5000 DK Crowns, and fly home again.

Charly
31st Jul 2005, 22:22
Don´t mess with copilots :}

firstchoice7e7
4th Aug 2005, 14:27
so if said AF co-pilot disagrees with something the captain says, would he headbutt the captain. Seems to me i wouldnt like to have this co-pilot flying a plane i was travelling on, AF should send him to anger management lessons.

Farrell
4th Aug 2005, 22:06
I have just been informed that said pilot has been suspended pending investigation.

essexboy
6th Aug 2005, 13:22
Maybe the fueler was a Brit and he said that the food in France was crap. Oh the language of diplomasy.

wallabie
6th Aug 2005, 14:48
Would you guys give the french a break ?
First the fuel guy is the one who started giving the F/O a push and he got what he deserved in return. If he doesn't agree to AF procedure........well then take a hike and fuel someone else's airfcraft.
Second, 2 Qantas Captains got into a fight right on the tarmac in front of the Qantas lounge and third, a Qantas captain punched the living light out of a flight attendant ( I presume a he or it ) leading to the flight cancelation out of Narita.
Talk about volatile !!

Flip Flop Flyer
6th Aug 2005, 15:45
First the fuel guy is the one who started giving the F/O a push and he got what he deserved in return.

That's a rather different version of the event that the one relayed to me. Don't know what your sources are, but mine is an eyewitness. What I've been told was that the fueller was doing his usual thing, when the AF pilot started screaming his head off. The fueller then told the bloke to sod off or he would discontinue the fuelling, to which the AF pilot replied with a headbutt.

So, would you care to substantiate your allegations that the fueller pushed first please?

vee-en-ee
6th Aug 2005, 19:49
Looks like air France has had a rough time lately...

Air France Plane Hits Cow In Nigeria - July 6th

An Air France passenger jet with more than 190 people on board struck a cow shortly after landing at the coastal city of Port Harcourt in Nigeria, a spokeswoman for the airline said...

It is not reported whether the cow was killed by the aircraft or died as a result of being hit by a crew member after ignoring the Vache Interdit Notam.

Farrell
7th Aug 2005, 04:14
I have also been told that the fueler pushed the co-pilot first.

I don't really care who started it, just adding to the pot here.

wallabie
7th Aug 2005, 13:05
Flip Flop

My story about Qantas didn't seem to interest you. The frog is the one you're after ain't it ??
Well my dear no, I cannot substantiate but I know for a fact that the fueler had a mind of his own and was going to do things his way regardless of the customer's requirements for which as you know, the captain is responsible for. Ok, the frog was a tad volatile in return, once again, for a push over.
The same happened to me in JFK a few days ago and being the Prince of Cool himself I had the guy removed on the spot by his management with an Air Safety Report on his forehead. He is never to be seen again.
Much more effecient and a lot less messy.

flyingdog
7th Aug 2005, 19:35
Further to this particular situation it is more a negative and general move in our job (I'm not saying the FO was right or wrong as I wasn't there) but what I see everyday it is less respect on the ramp and this will bring us more often to such a situation ... aviation used to be a gentleman (and woman) area but it is not any more ... I always respected and I keep respecting people working on my plane, I try to help as much as I can and I am quite flexible, open to any suggestion but at the end sometimes you have workers who want to do it their way and even if you explain to them the reason why it is wrong they'll call you by strange name :mad:
So we can laugh about what happened but tomorrow it can happen to any of us ... to a noisy Spanish or Italian, to an arrogant French like me, to an organised Swiss or German and even to a calm Brit :bored:

Farrell
8th Aug 2005, 01:59
That's pretty much what went down. The fueler shoved the FO before that, and the resulting "face-saver" ensued.

Either way.....crazy behaviour

delta-golf
8th Aug 2005, 03:34
To be honest, who hasn't at least thought about delivering a short and direct message to someone who "doesn't understand" what we have been trying to explain.

We are generally constrained by our rules of civilised co-existence. However, in the same way that the anonymity of email allows people to be abusive without fear of retribution, the ever increasing protection of individuals from formal or informal physical punishment has possibly led to a reduction in us all having a healthy respect for each others feelings...if you know what I mean :(