PDA

View Full Version : Monetary value to minutes saved on ATC re-routes

Dash-7 lover
25th Jul 2005, 18:26
I know there are a huge number of factors involved on trying to work this out eg, a/c type etc etc - just wondered if anyone knows of a magic formula ????

monkey lover
26th Jul 2005, 17:19
Main reason is to protect OTP and your program

G-MANN
28th Jul 2005, 08:57
There isn't really a formula to the art of rerouting however as monkey lover says it can be useful to reroute to save an atc delay purely to protect on time performance.

As for monetary value, if the winds allow us to remain within block time we sometimes find it cheaper to fly a longer routeing as the countries we fly over on the day charge lower navigation fees!!

G-MANN

Cat IIIC
28th Jul 2005, 20:03
EuroControl estimate delays at $70 US Per minute.

plans123
28th Jul 2005, 23:39
Two weeks ago Eurocontrol had 2000 minutes worth of delays into Croatia...........Thats alot of money.
I agree with G-MANN, but will add get your plan in early!!!!!!

circlesquare
12th Aug 2005, 21:18
I think it all depends on your kind of operation and pressures to satify on time performance.
Scheduled & charter / short & long haul.... All different financial decisions that would have to be considered.
However, from my limited experience a short haul schedule operator should reroute if avail, particularly on first wave to protect operational integrity, as generally the costs involved are limited and the benefit of keeping the first flight on time makes a huge difference to this type of carriers punctuality..

EGNH01
2nd Sep 2005, 10:33
plans123
Are you suggesting by filing your flight plans as early as possible you get less of a delay? This is not the case if that is what you mean. If a regualtion is put in place it will affect all aircraft operating through regardless of the time it was filed at.
As G-MANN stated earlier you will find airlines operaing on longer routes as the countries they overfly have cheaper nav charges. A good example would be MAN-TFS to be filed via a Tango route.

plans123
2nd Sep 2005, 17:43
EGNH, its not what I meant at all; I'm well aware of the reasons regulations are put in place, a mere off the cuff remark on my part.

I do agree with you re Tango routes though.