PDA

View Full Version : Bellview Recruitment

Engine Noise
25th Jul 2005, 16:04
Bellview today placed adverts seeking for captains, FOs, AME for its 767 and 737 FLeet.
See todays thisday page 23

Capt. Manuvar
25th Jul 2005, 18:37
Any news about when the 737-700s are coming in. T'wil be Nice to see some modern equipment coming in to Nigeria.
I doubt they'll be able to get pilots with those requiremnts for the 762 and the 737-700 in Nigeria, so they might be looking outside (BVU doesn't seem to like type rating pilots, but with VNs recruitment plans they might have to type rate and do it fast). But judging from a recent development, it might be hard for foreigners t get work permits to fly fixed wing in nigeria but we'll see. This may be a chance for some Nigerians to move on to some newer a/c types.

ZAZOO
25th Jul 2005, 19:15
Hi Capt. Manuvar,

Good point! My advise would be that our non rated pilots willing to fly for Bellview, approach them ''Bellview'' and agree on a contract of employment if they get a self sponsored type rating, then present it to a bank and try to get the funds.

I know this could sound like whats he talking about ''not in Nigeria'' no bank would listen to you. But lets be clear if Bell need guys then they could also partner in the arrangement with the bank or banks as the case may be. The more of our guys flying the better, thats the way I feel!

What do they have to loose!

The only other obstacle nowadays would be getting TSA approval done, and talking about the TSA if anyone going out to the states for types start on your clearance a month early at least, its something else, and budget at least $300 for the paper work. it could be frustrating!

How are you, met up with Dman the other day.

Zaz

GlobalFlyer
26th Jul 2005, 17:12
Hi,

Does the ad for pilots specifiy Boeing 737-700? If this is really the case than it is truely an accomplishment for Bellview to secure such new equipment in Nigeria, given the lack of certified flight crew and high insurance costs. Any ideas how many 737-700s were ordered and delivery dates?

Thanks!