PDA

View Full Version : BA 767's to Avalon and more?

Monkey Grease
11th Jan 2000, 09:15
I have heard from a good source that QF is to build one possibly two additional hangars in Avalon,and moving the 767 heavy maintenance there when they get the extras from BA.And they intend to hire more people as the management predict that only just over half of its current workforce in SYD will accept the relocation package.

Does anyone else know if this is correct?It sounds right considering QF is about to embark on a major expansion program.

CCA
11th Jan 2000, 09:29
There's a vacant lot next to Hanger 6, semi prepared, but I would think converting the ex military hangers like #5 would be quicker and cost less.Hope it happens as when I worked there plans of a huge expansion were always a rumour but never happened.

spannersatcx
12th Jan 2000, 01:07
Guys I did a 4 month stint with ASTA many years ago at Avalon, BA 747 D check and section 41 etc, is all that still there. Some great guys there around 91.

CCA
16th Jan 2000, 12:18
I arrived in 92 but it closed down in about Oct 96 ,they still did some ANA line work with there 767s but that ended some time in 97.I think quite a few guys who didn't get job's with QF,AN,ANZ,CX....were able to get contract work with QF when they took over and hopefully turn it into permanent work.