PDA

View Full Version : Share Accomodation-Darwin

BMXBandit
25th Jul 2005, 05:26
Hi All,

I am moving back up to Darwin soon looking for work,
Looking for share accomodation, will pay a month in advance.
PM me if interested.
:)

Bagot_Community_Locator
25th Jul 2005, 06:37
I suggest you try the Bagot Community.

It is a small friendly close knit community of people and just the right place for itinerants (people like you).

It is situated right in the middle of suburbia Darwin and close to everything. It is just down the road from the airport and so very convenient for any pilot.

It is actually on the main road half way between the city and the Northern suburbs/Casuarina shopping complex/airport. It has its own bus stop with good transport links to all over Darwin.

I believe it even has its own "community" take away food store, otherwise McDonalds is only a 5 minute walk down the road. There are maybe also a few pay phones on site/on the main road so you can ring up for jobs/be in contact.

For those athletes, the complex even includes tennis/basketball courts with night lighting.

The local women their are also very friendly so you'll never be lonely.

This would be the perfect introduction to the Territory.

Accomodation is fairly cheap, as you can shack up with the locals for maybe a carton or beer otherwise you can just camp out anywhere in the open or in the street like many others freely do.

They have built a large fence around the complex to stop you wandering out on the main road and getting run over after you've had a few drinks too many.

It even has a locator beacon named after it, so you'll be reminded of the good old Bagot Community everytime you fly.

I suggest you give the Bagot Community a try.

Continental-520
25th Jul 2005, 06:48
No matter how many times I read that, it's always funny.

BMXBandit
25th Jul 2005, 06:54
Ok thanks BCL,

Yeah, I know the place you are talking about. Nice and close to the airport and Mc Donalds.

Transition Layer
25th Jul 2005, 07:21
B_C_L,

Love your work, this question pops up every few months and that response gets wheeled out every time. But don't we love it!!!

4SPOOLED
26th Jul 2005, 05:02
if the local women are that friendly, they better have a flat head no teeth and be at least 4 ft tall..

P.S crackup BTW:cool: