PDA

View Full Version : New Asian airline jobs

Skidmark
25th Jul 2005, 00:30
You may have heard about Qantas' merger with Singapore's Valuair and current discussions of alliances with Airasia. I know there must be other relatively low key airlines (new ones) in the SE Asia area firing up as well.

My question is :

Is anybody in the know as to job prospects with these types of carriers. I checked out Airasia's website; it mentioned a
Malaysian ATPL requirement.

Are these guys taking on expats???

How are pay and conditions?

:hmm:

Condensation
25th Jul 2005, 06:13
I think there's a new low cost carrier in Hong Kong that are starting to hire a few pilots, heard the requirements aren't that high.

From what I've been reading, a lot of airlines have been starting up in Asia but most of them end up broke :confused:

Capt Snooze
25th Jul 2005, 11:02
Some relevant info on another PPRuNe forum here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=162303)

Snooze

insertusernamehere
26th Jul 2005, 01:28
Mate, honestly.

Who in there right mind would turn down a job... any job, let alone a job on a metro. That is either a load of trash or a windup. Sounds like you didn't get accepted by QF as a cadet and now you're a bit bitter towards a few "brats" who did. Join the rest of the industry and get over it.

Dog eat dog world mate. :hmm:

Three Bars
26th Jul 2005, 03:08
It still absolutely amazes me that someone who is regarded as too inexperienced to be a cruise-only radio operator on international routes, IS experienced enough to be an FO in an A320, flying in fairly average weather for much of the year in average ATC.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I wonder how they will feel when their time is up and its time to get the payoff for all that EXPERIENCE in Asia and get into the BACK seat.

PS I am in no way anti SOs. My comments are wrt how SOs are now employed in the aircraft by the company - you know, WORLD'S BEST PRACTICE and all that crap. Talk about re-engaging your staff!!

BUSDRIVER200
27th Jul 2005, 11:03
duffman89, before you go badmouthing people get your
:mad: facts right you :mad: . Not one cadet 'turned' down a job, for 6 mnths there were no jobs. When these jobs came up the guys had to prove themselves and prove themselves they did, i have flown with all of them and let me tell you they are very good operators, a damn sight better than a lot of older guys floating around the skies of the world, good blokes(girl) too. Now hows about you keep your mouth shut unless you have the facts right, washed up loser. Its people like you who :mad: this industry up. I have had my say.......i was not a cadet, but who would in their right mind turn down such an opportunity! Good on you guys, keep up the good work.