PDA

View Full Version : Straight Fight

metalthrower
24th Jul 2005, 21:26
Looking for some advice please.

My 4 year old tells me that in a straight fight the Hulk would beat The Thing. Clearly this is b@llocks as the Hulk is no match for one of the Fantastic Four's finest. So how can I break the news to him that The Hulk would stand no chance without ruining his world and what do I do when he asks me if Spiderman can beat Batman? Which of course he can't.:confused:

Fg Off Max Stout
24th Jul 2005, 22:11
I remember some time last year a certain Mr Hoon explaining in simple terms how having 3 infantry regiments resulted in a superior capability than having 50 such regiments. Likewise, having 50 tank regiments and 50 artillery regiments was not as effective as having 2 of each. Similarly having no carrier-borne fighter resulted in no worse capability than having one very good one. Having no body armour didn't matter and living in soft skinned accommodation which trapped the heat like a sauna whilst mortars were raining down was no worse than brick walls and aircon would have been.

Perhaps, you could get said Mr Hoon to assist with your predicament. Tell your boy that maybe if the Hulk swallowed the bitter pill of moving forward into a 21st century capability-based, network-centric, rapidly-deployable radioactive mutant, and he didn't mind being detached for 11 months in every 12 in the universe's worst sh1tholes, then he may have more success. There is no future in traditional strength and numbers - Hulk needs to be more shock and hearts and awe and minds whilst embracing minorities.

The Rocket
24th Jul 2005, 23:27
Absolutely no contest.

I think it is your son who should be posting on PPRuNe as he clearly has a better understanding of common life, and the supernatural pecking order than yourself :p

For a start, THE HULK'S BRIGHT GREEN! more than a deterrant I'd say.

Secondly, have you seen him throw people around? At least 100yds a pop.

Thirdly, he walks around the streets of New York BAREFOOT! How hard is that!! Risking with every step a foot full of hypodermic needles!!

Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry:E

Edited for lack of anger!

Onan the Clumsy
25th Jul 2005, 19:37
I want to know if metalthrower and FOMS are one and the same person. Or at the very least a comedy double act currently working the evening rooms of some of the more sought after and lucrative locations.

Those two posts together were sublimely funny - and that comes from somebody equipped only to read between the lines as I have only the barest grasp of hoo the Hoon character actually is.

:ok:

...and to give you a sensible answer: Not being a follower of the genus Heroicus Superlatim I really have no idea. I will say however, that 100 yard throws, whilst quite impressive out of context, yeild remarkably different results depending on how hospitable the arrival zone proves to be. Railings, errant taxi cabs, even the Hudson River will all play a statistical role in the eventual outcome.

normally right blank
25th Jul 2005, 22:43
My 4 year old tells me that in a straight fight
Glad that 4 year olds still think about "a straight fight". He will soon enough learn that you have to fight "dirty" to win! ;)