View Full Version : SIA pilot with more than 35 years service in death fall

Thermal Image
24th Jul 2005, 07:35
Singapore, 20 July 2005.

Translated:

SIA pilot with more than 35 years service in death fall had huge gambling debt.

Police Media Relations Officer Keong Kooi Cheng said that Anthony Tan Chin Kiat, 56 was found on the second floor of Blk 14 Ghim Moh Road at about 10.40pm on 14 July 2005.

Initial investigations are that he had fallen from one of the corridors of the building. He did not have any identification papers on him.

Unnamed sources say that he may have committed suicide because of his huge gambling debts. But the police say that they are still investigating the cause of death.

The deceased lived with his family in a private apartment on Holland Road.

He went missing after he had driven to Ghim Moh Road to drop a friend off. That friend later drove his car back to Tan's home without realising that Tan had died.

An SIA spokesperson expressed deep regret over his death, saying that he had made valuable contributions to the company for more than 35 years serving in various management positions.

Gladiator
25th Jul 2005, 08:18
Condolances to the Tan family.

Kaptin M
25th Jul 2005, 08:27
Was this Tony Tan (ex DCP of the B747 fleet)?

Thermal Image
25th Jul 2005, 08:40
Yes.

"Tony Tan" = Tan Chin Kiat Anthony.

Slasher
28th Jul 2005, 01:35
So whos shedding a tear over Tony Tan? :hmm:

Certianley not those FOs he sacked in early 90s for absalutely no reason at all.

Kaptin M
28th Jul 2005, 09:36
Holy ferkin' Moses - it took a dangle on the SQ line to get SLASHER out of retirement.
Onya mate :ok:

Yes, Tony always was a "high flyer" - I remember the stories of him going on gambling cruises that had MINIMUM bets of SGD1M

Regardless though, he leaves behind a family - and they (like OUR families) - had/have nothing to do with what goes on at work, nor in the level of involvement of social activities of ANY of us.

Tony Tan was well known in SQ. Like all, he had his fans, and his detractors.
In Death we ALL become equals!

(Welcome Home SLASHER)

Slasher
28th Jul 2005, 10:18
Sortve findin me path and footing again KM. Been a hermit outve the human race fer over a year after I emotionley got my guts kicked in. :ouch:

Kaptin M
28th Jul 2005, 10:25
Geez mate - is that all....I don't mean that in any demeaning manner though.
You aren't the first - take it from someone who's copped it in 3 out of the 4 corners.

All the same, it hits hard each and every time.
So you've got a sympathetic ear.

(pm me your tel no.)

But WELCOMEfarkinBACK!

A37575
28th Jul 2005, 12:09
Rumours of gambling debts? Shades of the Silk Air "accident". Same culture?