PDA

View Full Version : B737 A and C updated.

Pikvanman
31st Dec 1999, 00:34
Anyone know of training course from -3/4/500
to -700/800 for A and C,i.e differences.
My company does not have it and is not getting them but someone asked me, so maybe you have alresdy done it?
Incidentally, is it true we are not to known as licensed aircraft maintenance engineers anymore?The engineer bit being in question.

spanners
31st Dec 1999, 18:50
Hi the whole A & C thing is going to be changed. There will be alot more licence holders as a result. (I.e those holding company approvals such as 'Ramp 1/2' approvals, which will be known as a D licence or something.)
There will be authorising licences for ramp and base areas which again will have different designations. All current A & C holders will eventually need an assessment for grant of the full JAR licence, or retain grandfather rights for 10 years with the current ticket. I suspect that most of us will need to do a basic electrics licence.
Someone please correct me on this....
Regds

Ailing Bob
1st Jan 2000, 14:01
I bet your glad your out of it spanners, hows the new job going?

spanners
1st Jan 2000, 19:44
Its going great.
Even the short stint as cabin crew was fun!!

Panman
5th Jan 2000, 17:23
Are you sure about the grandfather rights for 10 years Spanners?

My lecturer told me that it would be grandfather rights until I retire. I am going to be one of the last few that gets the current A&P License come this time next year (classroom work finishes July, 6 months with an airline at Stansted and the CAA oral)

spannersatcx
5th Jan 2000, 18:28
Grandfather rights DO NOT expire after 10 years (at the moment) in the UK.

Contact the ALAE for more at http://www.lae.mcmail.com