PDA

View Full Version : 20th Century Numpty Award

Wiggly Amp
30th Dec 1999, 15:29
As the 20th century draws to a close and the prestigous Numpty Award for the whole of the century is up for grabs lets hear all your Station Numpty activites.

Our numpty had a lighting snag with a double filament defect. He immediately got straight into the schematics, wiring diagrams, ect. Claims of "big job broke out & total rewire required" were heard throughout the station.

At this point an A&C mechanic walked in and said G-**** is all wrapped and put to bed. Numpty replied "NO NO NO Ive got major avionic problems"

"whats that" replied mech

"galley lights" screached numpty

"replaced filaments and function satis" replied mech

Best Wishes for New Year to all including Numpties.

Pikvanman
31st Dec 1999, 00:59
well my shift mate Leatherman.Incidentally he would vote for that tool as gadget of the century because it has saved him hacksawing his toolbox ( he can't remember the combination number).He uses it regular,even for his nasal hair which makes my eyes water when he yanks them out.He safety wired his fly on his workpants but it was not a pretty job.He just gets my vote ahead of other fellow shifties,Piper Alpha and Cherno Bill!

maglite35
31st Dec 1999, 16:01
My numpty nominee goes to the person who has the whole shift in on the eve of the millenium to single handedly combat the millenium bug on our whole fleet. Not that any bugs exist.

He too has had a very similar experience with blown filaments but jumped in at the deep end with wiring manuals and schematics and didn`t bother changing the filaments.

Wiggly, rumour is you had a big wing wiring job on xmas eve, any details.