PDA

View Full Version : George W Bush

night hawk 150
23rd Jul 2005, 20:37
does anyone know of when the next time Geroge W Bush will be coming to the UK.

thanks in advance

EGBE0523
23rd Jul 2005, 20:41
Why don't you just give Special Branch your phone number! instead of posting such a question?

night hawk 150
23rd Jul 2005, 20:52
oh yeah :mad: i did not put much thought into this post did i :sad: let me ask this in another way.

my train was late getting to G8 summit in order to get some picture and a video of Air Force One i would like to know if he is planning another visit so i can get to see it.

oh and im sure if special branch want's me they can contact PPrune for my details.

he he :ok:

thanks

eastern wiseguy
23rd Jul 2005, 21:36
My diary for the next few months...GWB (http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/)

Try this!

WATABENCH
23rd Jul 2005, 22:15
Try ringing his mate Tony!

Kestrel_909
23rd Jul 2005, 22:37
my train was late getting to G8 summit in order to get some picture and a video of Air Force One

You didn't do your planning very well, did you?
Even if you were there on time, "Air Force 1 was sitting at Prestwick with its twin during the summit."

That's in inverted commas because it's only Air Force 1 when the POTUS is onboard, and so as Bush was at the summit the jumbo jet wasn't actually Air Force 1 but Sam 28000 or other.:E

Should have went to PIK instead, littered with police but rather enthusiast friendly from what I hear.

You could always move to Northern Ireland, we get a few visits each decade it seems, eh Eastern?:ok:

zedex7rrrrrrr
24th Jul 2005, 00:18
Here's my thoroughly useless but possibly amusing contribution to the topic:

I was on the perimeters at Prestwick when Air Force One and all the others came in. There were hundreds of people hanging around and almost as many cops. The Americans were last in and just as their jumbos were coming down, the police presence seemed to step up a gear. There was also a couple of mean looking, big black vehicles started wizzing around the taxiways.

Air Force One parked up over by the welcome block... a bit too far to make anyone out in detail but close to enough to see bodies walking down the stairs. Just as George and Co started to emerge, 2 armed police officers walked by just in front of me. The guy standing next to me (no idea who he was) tapped one of the cops on the shoulder and said, "Do you think you'll get him from here?"

Whether you're pro or anti Bush, that was hilarious... or maybe you had to be there???:O

averytdeaconharry
24th Jul 2005, 06:27
Air Force One isn't an aircraft even.. It is a call sign and it is assigned to the aircraft in which the President is travelling. Try and get a photograph of a call sign!!

GrahamK
24th Jul 2005, 08:03
Air Force One isn't an aircraft even.. It is a call sign and it is assigned to the aircraft in which the President is travelling. Try and get a photograph of a call sign!!

If he's onboard a Marine Helicopter/Aircraft, then it's Marine One.