PDA

View Full Version : nursing in Dubai

justwannafly
23rd Jul 2005, 08:12
Hey guys

Sorry this isnt aviation orientated.

But Im looking for a job in Dubai with Falcon Express and my wife is a nurse.

Does anyone know what an Australian nurse earns in Dubai?

Thanks for your help

Justwannafly.

AMX10
23rd Jul 2005, 08:19
Becaus she is Australian she will earn more than Philippinas or Indians, around 2000AUD.

justwannafly
23rd Jul 2005, 08:55
is that per month?

Flying Mechanic
24th Jul 2005, 01:44
Yep thats per month. And for the thousands of nurses that come from India and Philipines thats good money. If you end up in Dubai she might want to try something else which is better paid.

330 Man
24th Jul 2005, 06:16
My wife checked into it when we first arrived. It seems that one of the best nursing jobs here is as a school nurse in one of the many private schools. It requires an RN certification but pays more than a private practice or in one of the hospitals, has a much better schedule, and still has summers off for going on leave.

It is, unfortunately not one of the higher paid professions here in Dubai.

Good Luck.

330 Man

rsoman
26th Jul 2005, 07:38
Becaus she is Australian she will earn more than Philippinas or Indians, around 2000AUD

As it happens for every other profession as well as in the ME (may be the cockpit is an exception I suppose!).

And then it amuses me no end when people crib about paying higher entrance fees to places like the Taj Mahal , because they are not Indian citizens!

No I should not complain too much - I work back home in an Indian company where my own people practice the same discrimination! Nearly 60 years after independence, we still havent got over the "Yes Saheb" mentality !