View Full Version : New JAR Licenses

Pen-off Pete
13th Apr 1999, 23:31
Does anyone know whats happening about these JAR licenses. Is there anything good about them? I'm CAA licensed avionics but not enough to get a full JAR conversion. Will I have to do just the missing modules? and what format will the exam take? ie multi choice? Oral? any clues, or any opinions.

spannersatcx
14th Apr 1999, 22:09
As far as I know, it will cost around £187 to convert to JAR 66 licence which will come into effect in 2001, grandfather rights will be given to already licensed engineers. You however will not be able to add to that license. There are also several differnt types i.e. B1 B2 base and line maint then technicians etc. You can take certain modules you require to get the 66 license one I know is module 13 human factors as for the rest I believe latest AWN's give details, haven't seenthen yet as I've lent mind to a guy who is very nervous about his upcoming oral. I believe there will be written + multi guess would assume oral but not 100% on that. I know for me as a A n C guy I needed to get X licence then would just nned human factors to convert. Maybe worth contacting the ALAE if you are a member, if not join today, go to <A HREF="http://www.lae.mcmail.com" TARGET=_blank>www.lae.mcmail.com</A> I don't fully understand yet as you can probably tell and would also welcome some info from anyone else who has done it, and any recommended reading for X license. As you can guess I'm with CX, HKAR 145 and 66 follow exactly but we won't get the changover for another 2 years after implementation in europe.

Hope that helps, Brgds Spannersatcx

just had a quick read of AWN the grant of a JAR 66 licence will cost £187 each attempt at an exam module £25 Issue 8 LWTR £134 for a summary of diffs between issue 7 and 8 license (you have issue 7 section L) write to the CAA and there is a free leaflet. The conversion to JAR 66 licence is based upon and issue 8 license. If you don't have an issue 8 license you may have to do written exams. Under jar 66 the B2 avionic licence applies to both aeroplanes and helicopters there are alleviations and they are detailed in awn 46. Hope that helps, it seems a bit confusing suggest ring the ALAE if you are a member.

[This message has been edited by spannersatcx (edited 15 April 1999).]