PDA

View Full Version : The Next Ba Franchise/subsidiary.......is Eastern Airways?

Dash-7 lover
22nd Jul 2005, 16:49
Heard a little rumour that Eastern and Mr Liddiard might be heading in that direction . . . . .

noblues
22nd Jul 2005, 16:57
The new Eastern Chief Pilot is an ex BA captain ... He has just resigned from BA to join Eastern .... watch this space !

Dash-7 lover
22nd Jul 2005, 18:14
If this turns out to be true then you could probably link it to all the other BACX postings!! - another attempt at saving money and further fleet disposal!!

Richard Taylor
22nd Jul 2005, 19:46
Bloody hell,not Brymon Airways Mk 2 ??!!

Do BACX want their JE41s back ?

:uhoh:

In trim
22nd Jul 2005, 20:27
Well there's a surprise....NOT.

And BA Franchising goes full circle.....when will they make their minds up?

False Capture
22nd Jul 2005, 21:00
Don't believe a word of it. The new Chief Pilot has made this one up so his pilot's don't leave in droves (ala BACX) for the charter carriers this autumn.

The BA trend is to reduce the number of franchise companies.

Dash-7 lover
22nd Jul 2005, 21:40
False Capture ..... I hope so!

I'm sure all will become clear when Willie takes over in September but the general word is that the priority problem is LGW and what to do with it..........

noblues
23rd Jul 2005, 05:37
The new chief pilot is not exactly a fan of BA, he couldn't wait to leave BA and does not like their management style ... its the last thing he would want to be a 'puppet' for big airways ......

I suspect Willy will not be a fan of franchising within BA, its caused too mant industrial problems to date ....

NFI
23rd Jul 2005, 09:22
Me thinks BA may be coming a franchise of EASTERN AIRWAYS. Long live the independant airlines.

Next Virgin then the world.

Newspapers on experts say every thing is moving towards the East.

Human Factor
23rd Jul 2005, 10:31
The new chief pilot is not exactly a fan of BA, he couldn't wait to leave BA and does not like their management style ...

.... and has been known to post those views on this forum on occasion. ;)

(No, it's not me).

HZ123
24th Jul 2005, 12:12
If we cannnot get BACX to work how on earth can we want anything to do with Eastern, which with all due respect is equivalent to flying club status.

Actuals
24th Jul 2005, 14:27
To any Eastern Airways Crew

Slightly diverging but,
Is the current chief pilot GW and if so does anyone know whether he is staying on or where he's going or rather has gone to if already left?

Many thanks
Actuals

stargravity
24th Jul 2005, 20:57
GW IS THE CURRENT CHIEF PILOT AND AS FAR AS I KNOW HE'S GOING NOWHERE

T3HUY
24th Jul 2005, 23:18
HZ123 - Care to explain you comments re: flying club status ??

Actuals
25th Jul 2005, 08:03
stargravity

Many thanks for that. Lost touch with GW and had heard his name in connection with EZE.

Here's hoping that the Company goes from strength to strength for you all.

Regards

Actuals

HZ123
25th Jul 2005, 10:30
T3 no need to get excited but my point is that BA have engaged in several regionals in the last 10 years and from Easterns view any alliance with BA can be viewed as cause for concern. BA's record is poor.

circseam
25th Jul 2005, 12:25
If this happens BH will be rubbing his hands together, BA paying you to fly their routes, cant be bad!

Didnt BH with Eastern Mk I also have experience of being a franchise for BCal with their commuter programme in the 80's?