PDA

View Full Version : Is Rotary business to stop in September???

Banjo
22nd Jul 2005, 15:43
Just wondered how many british AOC operators are going to be ready to comply with the CAME requirements in time?

Do you think that the date will move or will all helicopter charter come to a halt?

It is on the statute books and they say they can not move the deadline! Do you even know what I am talking about as it seems a lot of companies had no idea at all before todays letter (assuming your postman delivered it).

Love to hear peoples opinions.

Spunk
22nd Jul 2005, 16:30
Hi Banjo,

I'm glad to be able to answer your question with "yes". Yes, I know at least what you are talking about though I don't have a clue what EASA wants me to do.:*

We called our responsible local state office to help us with the paper work and to set up a CAMO / CAMO+ but they denied cause they don't know what we are talking about.:} plus they don't want to learn. As we were told, they want to pass on their area of competency back to the German CAA by September.

So we figured that it would be a good idea to call the CAA and ask them how to deal with the problem as we would be operating under their competency from September on.

The answer was very short and simple: "No, we can't help you (meaning: we don't want to help you) as long as you are not under our competency. Go and ask your local state office. :{

So, we probably end up the way we did it with the introducting of JAR-OPS 3: WAIT AND SEE :ok:

Thomas coupling
22nd Jul 2005, 17:16
Tell us more Banjo???????

Banjo
22nd Jul 2005, 19:56
Spunk,
that does not surprise me at all. I think it is going to cause a lot of late nights for a large part of the industry. The plank operators seem to be a little in front of us but then most of them also have larger operations and more in house maintenance.

T.C.
It is to do with EASA and compliance with subpart M details can be found in FODCOM26/03 on the caa web site, you will have to then go to the full document in the relevant areas.

It would seem that most people have not read and fully understood the related paperwork and so are not at all prepared for the changeover date. (Compliance is not something that can be done in a week either, believe me when I say this is a major undertaking). Having a suitable staff member will also be a problem as the post holder must have a degree (list of acceptable degree's are in the document) and 5 years aviation experience being the smallest of the hurdles to get over.

The cut off date is at the back end of this September and those not in compliance will have their AOC suspended until such time as they do comply.

While we have all had dates to comply with for JAR and we know how they came and went and were re-scheduled I am not so sure that we can assume that for this date. It has not been set by the CAA or JAA but by EASA. It is already on the statute books and so far EASA have not let one date slip or made an allowance for any of the new regs that have already made it to the statutes.

This is what we get for signing up to the community, our authoritys no longer make our rules and laws and we have no say in it to speak off. Someone wasn't watching the back door!!

idle stop
22nd Jul 2005, 21:24
Transition to the EASA CAME is not rocket science. The CAA sent out a 'model' on disk which is remarkably similar to the old JAR MME, and a bit of cut and paste or find and replace works a treat.
A company I am advising have had theirs vetted by the CAA man who wrote the 'model' and are just waiting for their surveyor to add a rubber stamp. It's a pain, but you just got to do it!

Spunk
22nd Jul 2005, 21:40
Lucky man "Idle stop",

The CAA sent out a 'model' on disk

I wish our CAA would at least talk to us... :{

running in
22nd Jul 2005, 23:22
Idle stop, I agree.

Most competent companies have already got their approvals in place. Perhaps EASA will not be the paper tiger that the CAA was, ie it will maintain and improve standards and not buckle under pressure.

RI

Banjo
23rd Jul 2005, 04:40
Running in, I hope you are correct but I just wonder if a lot of companies have not fully understood the implications and are going to get a shock. we were at the CAA enigineering meeting this week and according to Hodge only ONE uk helicopter operator has so far met the compliance.

I do hope I am wrong but you never can tell when it comes to europe and paperwork. Don't know about a milk and wine lake there sure as hell must be a paper mountain somewhere.

Spunk
28th Jul 2005, 10:01
Is there a copy of that CAA Master available somewhere??? Please!!! I might be able to translate it. At least it would be a good basis.:confused: