PDA

View Full Version : LJ60 & LJ35 similarities

CPTVOR
22nd Jul 2005, 15:07
Have been given a task to find any similarities between the Lear 60 and the Lear 35 and was wondering, before I start ploughing through tech manuals, if there was any document already available that may contain this info.
Cheers

Kopeloi
22nd Jul 2005, 15:42
...Brakes at least, that's why 60 wouldn't stop.

JoeCo
23rd Jul 2005, 14:49
Yep, brakes are a simularity. The brakes i.e. landing gear on the 60 is from the 30 series of lear jets. That is why the gear looks so small on the plane and why the 60 doesn't stop. The brakes were designed to stop a 30, not the heavier 60.

As for some other simularities, the fuel imbalance limits that were implemented because of the tip tanks on the 35 was carried over to the 60. Again, another carry over to ease the certification process of the 60.

There is also something concerning the wing. The basic wing design came from an older Lear Jet, I believe it was the 30 series. The fuselage of the 60 was mated with an older wing. I think they named that the LR55. Then to boost performance, the 60 got big fans. Still, the service cieling is again a carry over from older Lears at FL510. Word is that in the entire history of the Lear 60, no one has ever reached 510. Actually, that little tid-bit f information should probably be considered a difference. ;-)

Cheers