View Full Version : contract work in Europe

lame
15th Mar 1999, 05:26
Could someone please forward some info on contract work in Europe, also the contract companies involved, thankyou. I have an Australian (ICAO 2) licence and a British (EC) passport.

spannersatcx
15th Mar 1999, 18:25
LAME go to www.lae.mcmail.com (http://www.lae.mcmail.com) which is the website for the Association of Licensed Aircraft Engineers. There is a links page that will take you to most major UK agencies offering work throughout Europe, Staffhire and Qualitair are a couple of the better known ones.

There is also a chat page, nowhere near as complex as this, but it is there.
Hope that helps, happy hunting

[This message has been edited by spannersatcx (edited 15 March 1999).]

lame
16th Mar 1999, 03:40
Thankyou for your response spannersatcx. I had already checked out that site and the web sites for the contract companies listed in Flight's employment services index. Was looking to find out more about the actual types of contracts, conditions etc and which of contract companies are better than others. If you, and any other engineers would mind passing on some info, rather than post here especially any negative views of companies etc, please e-mail me directly, details are in profile, or address is [email protected]

Thanks again.
David Holgate.
"lame"

Bus429
17th Mar 1999, 18:53
LAME, Line-Up (a UK agency)called me last week regarding work in the Middle East. They would not specify where or on what. I reckon they are in the market for 737/757/767; A300/310/320/321 and DC 10. Try a web search for Line-Up. I believe they also act as agent for British Airways Engineering.

Inlinesplice
19th Mar 1999, 00:33
I'm working in Europe for PARC and I think they're pretty good. I've never worked for Lineup but I know some guys who have and they all said PARC are better and to beware of Lineup. Contact me direct for further info.

MELman
15th Aug 1999, 00:03
mate,
I've worked for line up b4, and will never do so again.their contracts' are not worth the paper their written on, which is something you'll invariably find out when they start moving the goalposts.
Stick to Qualitair or parc, they are the best of the bunch.

lame
15th Aug 1999, 01:12
MELman,

Thank you for the input, I had actually forgotten this post was still there, I am now working a contract in the USA, but the info may be very useful later, thank you.

MELman
15th Aug 1999, 17:14
LAME,
glad to hear you found something, I havent heard of anyone contracting in the states b4, are the rates any good ? did you go thru a uk company? what locations ?
MELman

lame
15th Aug 1999, 19:31
MELman,

I had never heard of it before either, is unusual circumstances.
There are many local American citizens here with A and P licences that do contract work, I was just talking to one this morning at JFK that only does contract work and he does up to 100 hours a week, most of them do some contract work on top of their "normal" full time job.
We are here as I said under unusual circumstances, an Australian registered aircraft, so must have Australian licenced engineers and crews, on lease to a South American airline whose main base is New York.

MELman
17th Aug 1999, 09:39
it is indeed a small world,
I take it the A310 operation is up and running now. (i was in BAH with the same company)
give me a shout @ [email protected] if you get the time
cheers
MELman