View Full Version : WHAT'S ON YOUR Y2K WISH LIST?

JET SET SPARKY
14th Dec 1999, 22:18
..OH LORD, THOU ART SO HOLY AND MIGHTY PLS SEND TO ME IN THE YEAR 2000;
1)HYDRAULIC FLUID THAT TASTES LIKE BEER
2)LOCKING WIRE THAT WINDS ITSELF
3)PEOPLE WHO DO NOT ASK "HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX...?"
4)TYRES/BRAKES THAT DO NOT WEAR
5)PASSENGERS WHO DON'T KICK THE **** OUT OF EVERYTHING
6)DOWNTIME
THAT'S ALL ,NOT MUCH TO ASK IS IT??

:)HAPPY CHRISTMAS FELLOW SUCKERS xxxxx

Satis
15th Dec 1999, 21:10
Pilots that don't play with engineering things they shouldn't.
Hostesses that do play with engineering things they shouldn't.

The hippy
15th Dec 1999, 23:32
A world where other people are blamed for late departures,instead of trying to but it down to engineering all the time

greycone
16th Dec 1999, 00:18
Hippy,following on your line,why must there be a "Delay's Meeting " each morning Monday to Friday and none at the weekend or on Public Holidays.That really pisses me off.

growler
16th Dec 1999, 03:09
I have a Y99 wish list as I'm working nights on 24th and 31st:
All aircraft to come in 'S' as my boss says I can go home as soon as they are (last one in on 31st is 19:30!)

Y2K wish list:
that the line engineers at the company I work for may achieve a wheel change on a turnround without delay. (Only joking chaps!)

That my management may restructure my bonus so that it only depends on things I have direct control over, not other peoples cock ups.

That my senior mangement agree to pay me the same money as they do to a guy at another station 40 miles away doing the same job with more resources available to him.

If the item above is not possible, then they decide to employ me on a Ltd Co.basis and pay me an exhorbitant hourly rate gross of tax.

And finally, and more likely than the others - I get the magic six numbers all to myself on a Saturday night!

greaseytech
20th Dec 1999, 00:07
That all 'C' check inspections are done without the panic that wqe had last night. Someone realised that the inbd slat internal inspection was called up, the aircraft is out of the hangar on Monday, so the Casualty guys were buisy drilling off stuck bolt heads. Just to make matters worse, the slats were only 1/2 extended. So last night I was replacing anchor nuts, applying Dinatrol and repanelling like something posessed, all because this inspection was missed.

A decent shift system

No one else on the road to work, only me

A 35 hour week

All aircraft to remain servicable when I am on shift

Toilets that do not leak

To be paid as much as the MD

For it not to rain when I am on the line

Tyres and breakes that do not wear out

Trips down route that do not involve any work.

Not too much to ask for?