PDA

View Full Version : Emirates f/o accommodation allowance

A321Driver
21st Jul 2005, 10:53
Hi, does anyone know the exact amount of the accommodation allowance at emirates? On their website it just says that the acc. is provided by emirates incl. all utility bills but what if one decides to rent his/ her own place.

How much is it for an f/o? The search on this site had little info on that.

What are good places to stay for a married couple with no children.

I appreciate your help - thanks!

Cheers A321Driver

flybystring
21st Jul 2005, 11:25
102,000 Dhs per year, if you opt out of company accom you pay all utility costs yourself sometimes included in apartment lets. Electricity for airconditioning can easily cost you 1500 per month in summer. You must also pay 5% municipality tax on your let, so if you take this into the budget its only 97,000.

You will not get a villa in Dubai for this but will in mirdiff, you will get an apartment though.

Company apartments are on the whole quite good, Shk Zayed Road is the most popular location. Many company apartments for pilots are in the same block as the cabin crew so if your single this may intrest you !

BigGeordie
22nd Jul 2005, 07:09
I don't know if the website makes it clear, but as a couple with no children you will get an apartment, not a villa. When you get your upgrade, you get a villa. The apartments are a bit variable but are 3 bedrooms and plenty big enough. You would not be able to rent a similar apartment on SZ road for the utilities allowance.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Cerberus
22nd Jul 2005, 09:08
A mistake you are making is in assuming you will be able to take the allowance. It has been mentioned before that EK are about to lease 600+ villas near 'Silicon City'. If they have paid the money I would be amazed if the option to take the allowance will be given until all the villas are filled.

Cerberus

donpizmeov
22nd Jul 2005, 11:04
Have you noted who owns these new villas? And who has become the new head cheese of silicon city? This is one busy guy.

Don

BYMONEK
22nd Jul 2005, 12:51
Spill the beans then.....................:confused:

donpizmeov
22nd Jul 2005, 12:53
Shk Ahmed is the man. Has been in the Gulf News in dribes and drabes for the past few weeks.

Payscale
22nd Jul 2005, 14:49
Silicon Oasis is now an independent free zone, on the lines of Airport FZ and Jebel Ali FZ.

Production and assembly of high tech electronics I assume...or is it a new medical village for implant operations :O