PDA

View Full Version : Copa Airlines Selected Best Airline in Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean

Panama Jack
20th Jul 2005, 21:21
Copa Airlines Selected Best Airline in Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean

Wednesday July 20, 2:22 pm ET
Airline's Crew is the Best in the Region, According to SkyTrax Survey Results

PANAMA CITY, Panama--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 20, 2005--Copa Airlines has been selected for the second consecutive year as the best airline in Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean in a survey conducted by SkyTrax, a British marketing research company.
The airline's cabin crew also received the "Best On-board Service" honor, surpassing respondents' expectations in such areas as service efficiency, cabin appearance, customer service, courtesy and speaking ability, among others.

The SkyTrax research is the largest global survey of airline passengers, who vote on product quality and customer service. The study is based on more than 12 million responses from passengers from 94 nations.

"We are very pleased that we have earned this important recognition for the second consecutive year," said Jorge Garcia Icaza, Commercial Vice President of Copa Airlines. "This honor, which demonstrates Copa's leadership in the region's airline industry, stems from our policy of continuous improvement, our employees' hard work and their focus on excellence -- all of which translate to passenger preference."

Copa Airlines (www.copaair.com) is a leading Latin American provider of international airline passenger service. Operating from its strategic location at the Hub of the Americas in the Republic of Panama, Copa currently offers approximately 80 daily scheduled flights to 30 destinations in 20 countries in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean.

In addition, Copa provides passengers with access to flights to more than 120 other international destinations through codeshare agreements with Continental Airlines and other airlines. Copa and Continental also share a strategic alliance partnership that includes joint participation in Continental's award-winning frequent flyer program, OnePassŪ. Copa Airlines offers nonstop service to Panama City from four U.S. cities: daily from New York City, twice daily from Miami, daily from Los Angeles, and four times a week from Orlando.

Copa Airlines offers nonstop service to Panama City from four U.S. cities: daily from New York City, twice daily from Miami, daily from Los Angeles, and four times a week from Orlando. For more company information, visit www.copaair.com.

For a picture, an interview or additional information please contact Mayra Meza at [email protected].

jumpdrive
7th Aug 2005, 09:01
sallaries should go up!!!!!
growing with the airline
too low for that great company
thats what i think anyway

Panama Jack
7th Aug 2005, 16:19
Good point. Salary levels (at least for flight crews) are shockingly low at COPA Airlines. Threat of Low-Cost in CA? How much lower could an LCC go?

FEDENO
15th Aug 2005, 11:51
What is the salary for First Officer at COPA AIR?

Panama Jack
15th Aug 2005, 14:36
Not sure of the exact number right now, a few years ago I was told about $1200 USD per month.

FEDENO
15th Aug 2005, 15:04
Panama Jack, Do you know if Copa hire expat pilots from South America?The pilot is obligate to speak spanish or only english?

Panama Jack
15th Aug 2005, 21:49
FEDENO,

I donīt know what the exact consistent policy is, as I have heard rumors of exceptions, however, lacking knowing these people directly I would give the rumor the same weight I give other rumors.

Yes, you must speak Spanish.

Furthermore, and based on what I have been told to me by COPA and from those who I know and who have interviewed or spoken to COPA, you must be either a Panamanian citizen, or have some sort of very strong legal ties to Panama (like being married to a Panamanian, with your Panamanian residency, and probably with goals of Panamanian citizenship). One exception to all of this seems to be for contract Captains (if you have plenty of command 737NG experience, give 'em a call).