PDA

View Full Version : Channel Express A300s

MKDC8
20th Jul 2005, 17:07
So what has happened to Channel Express's Airbus freighters, used to see them on a regular basis at Stansted etc.

Not now , so where have they gone, is the airline still flying them ?

UPSAirOps
21st Jul 2005, 05:24
Currently operating the EMA-CGN-EMA route on a daily basis from EMA. Believe GCEXK will be scrapped when Star Air take over the route though.

So I guess a 'regular' visitor to EMA, and obviously CGN, not sure about other airports in the UK though - maybe Bournemouth?

woptb
27th Jul 2005, 20:15
All Channex A300's to be sold by christmas,more probable that all will be gone by october.

ALLDAYDELI
28th Jul 2005, 01:22
Who is the new charter manager at EXS these days?

dixi188
28th Jul 2005, 17:18
woptb.
Where does this rumour come from?
As current A300 Channex crew I have an interest.
Hope we are not being sold to pay for jet2.com.
I wonder why PM would desert the cargo business that the company grew up on for 20 years.

Harrier46
29th Jul 2005, 15:29
Not deserting it entirely, the 737 mail operation will continue. The A300s however have been undercut and do not now make the money they used to.

Cee of Gee
27th Aug 2005, 14:54
Anyone know the latest, are the buses here to stay?

Shuperstar Loadie
27th Aug 2005, 19:45
As far as we have been told they will still be about for a while. \and no not being paid off for Jet2.com, that doing rather well all on it's own!:ok:

Cee of Gee
27th Aug 2005, 21:18
Shuper,
good news, hope it don't change.

Catch up with you soon.

Skytrucker
19th Sep 2005, 14:55
Current rumour is that they've been sold to another B4 operator. Any one got anything to support?

mmeteesside
22nd Sep 2005, 17:36
MNG Cargo by any chance?

Skytrucker
24th Sep 2005, 21:41
Nope, at least my source doesn't think so. He's not sure if anything is final yet but if they don't get bought in the next ten days they're scrappers. Dont know if anyone's in the market for the engines. Bet the ally boys have got the gas cutters lit already.

woptb
7th Oct 2005, 15:10
Guys have just received letters detailing loss of UPS contracts.

stans home
7th Oct 2005, 21:37
we still going strong the old rumour factory dont put us down that easy guys !!!!!! the channel A300 is here to stay so to all the vultures out there who enjoy others mishaps get a life and worry about yourselves for a change and unless you know the facts dont bother hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woptb
8th Oct 2005, 15:14
Stan,
Unfortunately it is a fact, the letters were received by crews & engineers last week .Its got nothing to do with knocking Channel,its just a sad piece of news !

jethro15
8th Oct 2005, 18:16
Wasn't GCEXI returned to the lessor?

woptb
8th Oct 2005, 18:40
No, XH & XI owned by Dart, XJ & XK were leased in .

Skytrucker
10th Oct 2005, 10:00
Sorry to hear that news guys, thoughts go out to all involved. BUT it seems that a definite bid is in the wings to take over the operation or the aircraft at least. I can't find out who as my sources are unusually tight lipped at present. Only snippet from another half informed source (not shown any degree of reliability in the past but means well) is that it may be another Bournemouth based operator!!

Mr Angry from Purley
13th Oct 2005, 01:22
can anyone from the A300 fleet tell me the working pattern? heard it was 7 days on 3 off?

CargoHellraiser
14th Oct 2005, 18:38
Guess the turks are taking over some of the UPS job, eh? MNG already has a stand-by AB4 in CGN for UPS. That might be where the aircraft are going to.

Skytrucker
15th Oct 2005, 11:49
Heard today that a representative of the take over bid company is in Bournemouth this weekend!!! Any one willing to 'pop in' and have a nosey? Not MNG though. Also rumoured that said company planning expansion throughout UK. Can't find out who though. Anyone from out there know anything?

Conan The Barber
15th Oct 2005, 11:57
I suppose that MNG have enough on their plate with their Dutch plan. Although they could have this as a back-up plan.

dixi188
20th Oct 2005, 10:51
SOLD!!!!!!
XH sold to KUZU. Goes end of October.
XJ returns to lessor in November.
XI stays on UPS until March.(unless sold sooner)
All F.E's out.
Any one know of any European A300 F:E: Jobs?

Very sad day for all the freighter boys.

It was good while it lasted!

Cee of Gee
20th Oct 2005, 19:18
Sorry to hear that bad news.

Has it become official?

Best of luck to all the air/ ground crews involved.

Cee of Gee

stans home
21st Oct 2005, 09:50
afraid so j im gutted mate if you know of any companies needing loadies give us a buzz oh and cheers for the saturday in cgn mate top night that hey !!!

Cee of Gee
12th Dec 2005, 18:33
Just after an update.
Have many of the crews managed to get employment elsewhere yet?
Send me a PM.

Ivan aromer
18th Dec 2005, 21:15
The last gasp of the channex A300 draws nigh. But when, "aye there the rub" Maybe mid Feb maybe the end of March but if they can sell the jet then ASAP to fund intro of the "new" boing.
The crews? The f/e and grd eng are down the road! Loyalty dont talk to me about loyalty, here I am brain the size of a planet and all I get offered is diddly. Thanks. I would have left before except that people I actually work at the coal-face with are as nice a bunch as you could want.