PDA

View Full Version : Gf Situation

PAR31
20th Jul 2005, 14:33
HI TO EVERY BODY......
JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE SITUATION IN GULF AIR.....
ANY NEWS ABOUT FUTURE RECRUITMENT, NEW FLEET AND ANYTHING ABOUT BAHRAIN.

THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY.

PAR31:ok:

wastafarian
20th Jul 2005, 14:42
Here's info from an outsider, for what it's worth to you.

--Hiring is on hold for the summer months.

-- Dublin is a new destination. Other routes being examined

-- New airplanes being looked at.

-- Property values and rent in Bahrain continue to skyrocket thanks to the presence of the US naval base there and their deep pockets.

vfenext
20th Jul 2005, 15:34
1. Ongoing recruitment, maybe on hold for summer but this is July so it will resume soon. Some new joiners going straight to 330/340
2. New aircraft to be decided in October.
3. Property is the cheapest in the Gulf. US Navy families are no longer in Bahrain so that kept things under some control. There is a lot of hooey talked about rent in Bahrain. If you look carefully you can get a villa for around 450BD. No matter what you rent you will have to susidise the allowance. If you want to know the definition of High rent just look at UAE, 3 times Bahrain.

PAR31
20th Jul 2005, 16:31
thank you for your information.....

what about the recruitment team?

Professional or what?

par 31

Frozen Turtle
21st Jul 2005, 11:46
Negativ! No more direct hires for A330/340 according to the Head of Operations.

"If" there are more direct hires on 330/340 I would guess that about most GF A320 F/Os are going to pack their bags fairly soon.... :p

And this at a pace never heard of before in GF.....

vfenext
21st Jul 2005, 12:14
Hope that you are correct Turtle. Thought that idea was very unfair on the F/O's who spent a couple of years on 320.

neilb767
21st Jul 2005, 12:33
One more Direct Entry Captain and I will walk, ..............come to think of it maybe i will walk anyways...:p

Trader
22nd Jul 2005, 15:48
Recruitment department is very professional and will certainly make you feel comfortable.

I found housing difficult and somewhat expensive. You can find some apartments for 450 a month but a villa will cost more than that or be in poor condition (there are current longer term pilots who pay this or less for their villas but they have been in them for years).

I found a nice, fully furnished and fully inclusive villa for 650 month (but no pool).

Bahrain---I like it very much!

vfenext
22nd Jul 2005, 16:41
The problem with accom is you don't have enough time to really have a good look when you first arrive. With induction and training it's not easy to go find the cheaper places to live. You can definitely find a villa for 450 and it does not have to be old or in a bad state of repair. Don't use an agent and stay away from Juffair cause it's too expensive and too noisey. Ask around and take a drive to Budaiya and Saar. The new motorway/flyover makes journey times to the airport a lot shorter. Good Luck.

PAR31
23rd Jul 2005, 14:00
thank's to evrybody,
and not seeing anything negative about GF it's a good feedback.

Par31:ok:

Yo767
23rd Jul 2005, 19:02
450BD for a nice villa in BAH???????????
After 6 months of intensive search, I found a decent 2 bedroom flat for 450BD. This was 8 months ago. Now they are renting for 550BD. VFENEXT, either:
- You come from Bombai Crapper's Corner
- Or you havent looked for villas for the last 5 years.

Accomodation for new pilots in BAH is definitely a problem unless you want to spend an extra 200-300BD of your pay to add up to the inadequate housing allowance.

vfenext
23rd Jul 2005, 19:13
Yo767 you must be one of the idiots that the landlords love to see coming. I know you can do it for 450 because I live in one. In fact I pay less than 450 and I am surrounded by at least 6 other GF guys who pay the same. Been here less than one year and it has a pool gym and free internet. Just last week I passed on details to a friend who got something similar in another area for 475 inclusive semi furnished. Don't teach granny to suck eggs!!

ironbutt57
25th Jul 2005, 02:54
actually...i just fronted up 22000usd for my year in my 1 bedroom flat in AUH...(albeit in a 4-star bldg)...my old villa i rented 2.5 yrs ago in bah for 550bd, now goes for 900bd per month....yes, you do have to know the "ins and outs" when shopping for housing in BAH it can be done....but for the average gf new hire...it's a bad scene, and NO!!!!! mr VFENEXT.....after 14 yrs here btween BAH and AUH...yo767 is spot on.....:mad: :mad: "bombay crapper's corner"??? HAHAHA thats classic!!!! give me a bell yo!!!!

vfenext
25th Jul 2005, 05:51
Ok I don't have time to find accom for everyone who moans here about how expensive it is to rent. As an example and without really trying I found a 4 bed villa in Budaiya (brand new) 6 bathrooms 2 kitchens and a double garage for 700BD. Don't believe me then go to Jawad and look at the notice board!! Spoke to a friend yesterday who has a villa with a private pool and is paying 420BD exclusive, also in Budaiya. You guys are blind or too lazy to bother looking. I stand by what I said earlier, don't use an agent and stay away from Juffair you will find plenty of bargains. I have said enough topic closed as far as I'm concerned.

in limbo
26th Jul 2005, 11:09
On the hiring side of things...........
I do know that they are doing interviews in the middle of august and I think the next ones will be in October.
I can't wait to get a call!
Looks like for the next while the 767 is where the new hires are going.;)

sohat
26th Jul 2005, 13:42
VFE, yo767 and trader. Please check your pm's

dontevenjoke
27th Jul 2005, 14:49
Hi all,

I have an interview in August and if all goes well it will be for a Nov start date. We have been told it is for the 767, but buddies who are there already think there are a couple of 330/340 and 320 positions also.

Cheers

mali
27th Jul 2005, 14:55
340 positions?
Should make for an interesting conversation...!!!

:}

in limbo
27th Jul 2005, 15:54
Hey dontevenjoke check your pm's.;)

Mysalami
28th Jul 2005, 02:13
Have just met a dude who is pretty confident he will be joining as DEC in November. I am hoping he was just full of noise. Anybody else got news regards this?????

djmaani
1st Aug 2005, 21:16
hi guys,
i just applied for cadet pilot in gulf air two weeks ago. wat is it actually.
i hav some questions
1. do i hav to pay for the training? and
2. wat r the requirements?
3. wat kind of tests do they take for recruitment?

and if anyone needs a gud villa or a flat jus ask me, i can help u wid dat. just letme know if anyone knows wats happenin.
hope 2 c yr replies soon.

djmaani
2nd Aug 2005, 13:50
well guys i hav another question,

does gulf air recruit the candidates right after u get a CPL
regards

Obfuscation
2nd Aug 2005, 15:18
...and if you complete all your written tests in text messaging lingo that would be another plus too.

djmaani
2nd Aug 2005, 21:41
jackbauer n obfuscation, if u cant answer , y dont u keep it shut.

Flip Flop Flyer
3rd Aug 2005, 01:29
If you can't even be bothered to spell English as it was intended, in a place where you are not even charged by the letter, one does have serious questions as to your ability to pilot a flying machine.

In short, your Chav text message English makes you look like the hind end of a donkey. In short, on this here board typing in text message Chav language makes you look like an idiot. You would have known that already had you taken the time to browse the various fora offered here, which leads me to think you are rather on the lazy side. In essence, you are not displaying airline pilot material. Are we clear on that now?

Soft Altitude
3rd Aug 2005, 07:48
Jackbauer and Flip Flop Flyer, just for your information, there are many guys with similar or even worse spelling and attitude sitting in the left seat of GF aircraft today. Why bother, this guy will be in anyway.

djmaani
3rd Aug 2005, 10:48
JackBauer FlipFlopFlyer, both of you seem tobe going flop with Gulf Air, you never spelled Gulf Air like that but you typed gf isn't that lazy. Idiots

And once again if you don't want to answer the real question and if you dont know the answer, you better sit back down, minding your own business.

is that clear now?

ironbutt57
3rd Aug 2005, 11:42
djmaaani...relax dude....part of the personality profile...if you let them wind you up so easily here, then you're doomed at the airlines....:rolleyes:

ironbutt57
3rd Aug 2005, 14:00
you mean with the Nissan with yellow headlights and mag wheels that are worth more than the whole car???? Just like I did when I was a kid in redneckland Tennessee??? Going through the drive-thru over and over again with my"69 Chevelle with the 327-365 with the big Crane cam, holley dual-line carb, traction bars,..edelbrock intake, thrush mufflers.....USA mags, and the 8-track blaring.and dont forget the Hurst shifter....AKA known as teenage madness???? give the dude a break.....old generation av8tor welcoming the new generation av8tr....go for it djmaaaaani...just chill out....relax....take a deep breath....welcome to aviation.....get a law degree or a doctorate in .....anything ....just in case you get a gut full of flying airplanes..and dealing with uptight tossers that this industry is full of..welcome aboard...

Flip Flop Flyer
3rd Aug 2005, 16:04
Except, djmaani, that I never wrote either GF nor Gulf Air in my post, which leads me to belive that you read about as well as you spell.

As someone else said, why don't you go hunt for the information yourself? As in, getting your lazy butt in gear and track down the information, rather than waiting for someone else to do the work for you?

Me thinks souped-up Nissan 240Z with the sidepipes, 2000USD stereo and plush velour interior. Oh, and the blue disco lights and a CD hanging from the rear view mirror; The Pearl of Exhibition Road :E

crazy_max
3rd Aug 2005, 16:37
******* Hell, guys....Relax, take a chill pill.....and for some of you, read the Q'ran.....Whatever helps...
Apparently he can type, which by the way is actually worse, he was just being lazy in his first post.
And, Djmaani....Nothing wrong with using GF when referring to Gulr Air........That is actually the two letter identifier...You will learn this soon when you get in as a Cadet.....LMAO
Bye.....See ya at the Warb......

djmaani
3rd Aug 2005, 21:15
sorry dude, but i am not a cheapster , i have lots of other things to look after, and i questioned just because the GF office is closed for 3 days here because of the death of the King Fahd of KSA. i think i am a fool to ask that question from freaks like you. you can just make fun of what you can't help out. So get lost whoever is not interested. OK?

Take a yellow card son. You come on this site, ask advice & then start throwing your toys out of the cot. Chill; wind your neck in or I'll be obliged to show you the door. 4HP

ExSimGuy
4th Aug 2005, 18:47
BAH Rents? - Must be cheaper "out of town", a girlfriend has recently moved into a one bedroom flat on the East Coast of Manama city and she's paying 400 a month

And GF closed for 3 days? - Huh, here in Saudi, it was "all as normal"! Something about "periods of mourning being un-islamic" - or our bosses are too tight!!

Obbie
4th Aug 2005, 20:26
How does it look for non-typed guys in the future ?

I don't have a A320 or B767 rating but 2000 hours of corp. jet.

Are they going to recruit non-types again in the near future ?

lowflare
10th Aug 2005, 23:20
Would be nice to know... I fly bizjets as well. Heard that in one of the previous selection circles there was a guy who had flown citations. Wonder if he managed to get in...

Frozen Turtle
11th Aug 2005, 08:30
The outlook for non type- rated FO' s is good.

Many propeller and biz jet pilots were hired last year but since DGCAM has approved an abbreviated training program for experienced airline jet pilots it is unlikely that someone with less than 500h
airline jet (above 40t) is going to get a job with GF.

Moreover, although not an official requirement, GF prefers pilots who flew and lived abroad before, i.e. European pilots who flew in Africa etc.

The ONLY way into GF will be as FO A320 or B767!
The few direct hires on A330 were a one time exception and will not be repeated, the same goes for the B767 DEC's. The only reason for that exception was poor resource planning by GF management.

GF has realised that if they continue to disregard seniority they will lose probably between 50 and a 100 FOs on A320 and B767 by end of 2005 and this would mean losing about 1/5th of the total pilot force!

Therefore promotion only from within based on seniority and merit.

Good look with your applications.

in limbo
11th Aug 2005, 12:04
Hey Frozen Turtle check your PM's

Pilot001
11th Aug 2005, 12:05
Frozen Turtle

There about 60 co-pilots on A320. Most of them have sign a bond (they were non-type rated)

The same goes for the 767.

How can Gulf Air lose 50-100 Co-Pilots? And why should they upgrade anybody on A330/340 before the end of there bond after they have spend so much money on them.

Me thinks that it makes more sense to go for direct entry Co-Pilots on A330/340 (type rated or with sufficient previous experience) I'm sure that GF management thinks the same.

Even BA does not allowed fleet transfer before completion of 5 years on type. Look at how many DEP they hire on 777 and 747 instead of moving people from A320 or B737.

I totally agree with you there should be no more DEC but I fail to understand how they disregard seniority if they go for DEP on A330.

Now enjoy your time on A320.

vfenext
11th Aug 2005, 12:20
unlikely that someone with less than 500h airline jet (above 40t) is going to get a job with GF.
Thats not true, GF have already taken in guys with turbo prop experience and will interview more in Sept. Don't rule out more non rated going direct to 330 either, thats almost certainly going to happen since it's the only fleet that's short of pilots at the moment. Don't know where you got your info but it's not reliable.

picobello
11th Aug 2005, 12:44
According a friend of mine working for Gulf Air, if the company hire a single direct entry copilot on the a330/340 fleet non-type rated, most of the A320 copilot will dismissed with immediate effect!!!!! Most of them have 500 hrs on the A320 so I don't think they will have problems to find another job.

Lot's of europeans guys and locals are dissapointed. A lot of roaster changes and difficulties to get leave slot.

My friend has been contacted by Easy jet. He will probably go for selection.

Let's hope that GF management will think twice before taking a wrong decision....:yuk:

Fly high:ok:

Frozen Turtle
11th Aug 2005, 14:09
You got no clue whatsoever ....

I say it again if seniority is disregarded again guys WILL leave inlarge numbers and many A320 and B767 aircraft will remain on the ground

About experienced guys going direct on A330;
The guys who came recently have f.u.k - a.l experience, on average they got 2000h regional jet experience only a few flew Airbus or larger jets. A lot of training and attitude problems according our Training Captains. Furtermore one guy has a forged loogbook he paid for an A340 rating and claims he flew for Air Mauritius, GF didnt check but I did, nobody knows him in Air Mauritius!

Training Bond? Next joke please.....:}

vfenext
11th Aug 2005, 15:43
I take it you have a chip on your shoulder then! Cool down you might make a better point that way. If you threaten to leave all management will say is Bye Bye. After you pay any bond that is. If you don't think they will go after the bond just ask the last two guys who left the 330/340 fleet. They paid, and one was made to travel back from his home country to explain himself. There are too many guys bonded nowadays to let anyone away with it. I have a lot of sympathy with the 320 pilots who got overlooked last time. Hopefully the powers will see sense and follow the normal route of fleet progression,but I doubt it.

in limbo
11th Aug 2005, 15:45
Can someone please explain the training bond at GF for me?
thanks

Pilot001
11th Aug 2005, 21:10
Picobello and Frozen Turtle

No one is going to leave GF.

Many copilots on both fleets A320 & B767 are GCC cadets (Big training bond). Rest of them are lucky enough to have a job with GF since there previous experience was just turbo prop or corporate and again they have a training bond.

Only few of them have no bond including your friend who was contacted by Easyjet. He was hired last year type rated.

Eventually all A320 copilots will have the chance to fly the A330 when the time comes.

Don’t know about the quality of people hired on A330 but that is a different subject.

Good luck with your progressions.

in limbo
11th Aug 2005, 21:13
I know 6 new hires on the 330/40 and I can assure you they are very qualified.

ia1166
12th Aug 2005, 15:03
Gulf Air and Seniority list? surely not in the same sentence. They haven't had one in years. Don't suppose it's changed. Lots of hope on this thread though. Very commendable. When you see the light, there's lots of better jobs out here.
Lighting blue touch paper and retireing. Vfenext first please as he's more than qualified at attack.

mali
12th Aug 2005, 16:11
I love Gulf Air
It's a lovely Company, nice aeroplanes, nice places to go and stay.
The hotels are nice. We should all be very happy.

Life is very good for me.

I hope you are all happy too.

:p

Bahrain is gooood.

:O

near enuf is good enuf
13th Aug 2005, 18:59
vfenext,

Just for info, yes two did leave and pay but the one that was "made to travel back from his home country to explain himself" certainly wasn't made by GF, how exactly do you think they could do that?

boeingdriverx
14th Aug 2005, 16:46
I like Gulf Air too !

They have still many things to sort out and some other things are sometimes a little bit annoying when you are new in the company...

Examples? Not getting an answer to your 10+ email (in a 2 months period on the same subject) send to an admin dude at the headquarters. He sees your email, he reads it but never replies! very very annoying. Before upgrading to Oracle E-Business Stuff they should make sure every body knows how to use Microsoft Outlook !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that they will soon sort out a seniority list and publish it online (see HOFO and last FTOC). so you might soon put the words Gulf Air and Seniority List in the same sentence ! I hope so too, transparency is good for everybody !

Cheers

tic
14th Aug 2005, 23:36
Hoe gaan dit, asseblief?
You might be a bit too aggressive. You have obviously, low time on ' big jets'. Perhaps you know it all, I dought it, no-body does. If you think you do, then you are in for the rudest awakening of your life. Believe it!!!!! That big toy, will bite you badly, but only you will know in time, as the rest of us have found out. No need, to be rude, even though, there are jerks out there trying to run you down. Play the game and you will do fine. You are not an expert and no-one is, despite what some people might say. It's all about how you handle it.
tic

mali
Hat\'s off to you chap, you have a good attitude.

PAR31
16th Aug 2005, 11:42
HI and thanks for all your replays.

I just saw that gulf air opened again the post for 320/767 non rated pilot.

I will cenrtanly apply but i heard that few people had problems after they have been selected to have a satrting date with consequence on theyr previous job.

it's that possible?

Thank you again.

PAR 31

Blu Skies 99
16th Aug 2005, 13:35
It gets better though. I have heard a rumour that they are upgrading 767 FO's who have been here for less than 2 years while those of us who have been here longer but on other fleets get bypassed.

More guys leaving methinks.

tic
17th Aug 2005, 02:18
Let's be honest, if you on Airbus fleets, you don't want to fly 767. We at GT in Auh, flying 767 don't know what will become of the 76, even tho, we all know it makes a s--t load of money. The fact, that GF has opened a seperate terminal for GT, in AUH, speaks for itself. The 'old' areroplane does the job, big time. IT's old, yes, but by and large, it's very reliable. F/O's are being up-graded to Command, not because they are not qualified, but because they deserve it, and are qualified. Good luck to them. Just remember, you get to fly to all the nice places, we get the dregs on 767. No Europe, just ME and Sub-Continent, ALLLLLLLL the time. Very frustrating for all of us. Personally, I don't care, but so many of the blokes, find it very very tedious, coz it's the same thing every time. Don't give me Indian food ever again. Sick of it. Get rostered for 4 KTM's in one line and even more, then you will know what I'm talking about.

boeingdriverx
17th Aug 2005, 05:20
tic,

I totaly agree with you, but flying the 320 is not (I think) better... flying intra gulf (BAH AUH KWI DXB MCT DAM) for 5 days is not better than having 3 times KTM on your line. So 76, is ok. and It is a big nice airplane...

Cheers

dust storm
17th Aug 2005, 06:15
B767 upgrades in 2 years bullsh-t. They do a lot of talking to keep pilots but I certainly have not seen it. Remember it is only true until you can see it with your own eyes and even then I would be sceptical subject to change. Airbus pilots are also being upgraded to a A330/340 something the Boeing pilots are not.

As to who is screwed more? We all are screwed by management that’s what you do after licking some one. Sorry no offence to the good ones.

Yo767
17th Aug 2005, 11:38
Blu Skies 99 said

I have heard a rumour that they are upgrading 767 FO's who have been here for less than 2 years while those of us who have been here longer but on other fleets get bypassed.

Most junior guy on the upgrade process now was hired in 1999. That is 6 years buddy. I have the seniority list in front of me. Fire your rumour provider and stop spreading lies.

You should be thankful to the company instead for not hiring DEC anymore. They are ugrading by fleet seniority and they follow the list. Wait for your turn and stop moaning. Go to the beach instead. it is nice and sunny outside.

Le Chameau

vfenext
18th Aug 2005, 03:38
6 years still represents about half the time to command on other fleets. Not begrudging anyone the opportunity though, good luck to anyone who gets the chance.

mogley
18th Aug 2005, 08:55
vfenext,

6 years= half the time to command!!!!
Don't think so!!! Your info so far out that it's a joke.
Average command 8-9 years so therefore half way there would be.............
Thanks as usual for your amazing info!!!!!!!

vfenext
18th Aug 2005, 09:47
Obviously a newbie. Just ask anyone on the Airbus how long it takes to command. It's amazing the answer you will get. Min 10 years. Also ask how many ex pat upgrades in the last say 5 years on the airbus, answer- approx 3. Amazing is it not?

Trader
19th Aug 2005, 08:11
OK, newbie question here since I can't seem to get different answers from different people!!!

Does Gulf Air upgrade in order of senority (provided the minimum requirements are held and the candidate can pass an evaluation)?

Do they upgrade across fleets? ie. the guy has been on the 320-340-33 for 7 years, will he get a 767 command if it arises first?

It appears to me, based on the one comment, that they upgrade according to fleet and with the number of 767 guys leaving the upgrade on the 767 could be quick.

I can somewhat confirm the rumour on the thread by saying that one pilot on the 767 that I know, who has been here for 3 years, was scheduled to complete his command interview but that was changed very recently due to complaints from more senior pilots. (I say somewhat confirm only because at GF it seems impossible to fully iunderstand the situation since nothing is in wroting and there does not seem to be a written policy).

Regardless, imo, life is good at GF.

mogley
19th Aug 2005, 09:26
vfenext,
Yes I am, as you put it, a "newbie" since you are probably one of the guys who insist that someone must have been in the company for at least 20 years before they can raise their voice or make a comment. That gives me 3 more years before I graduate from being a "newbie". No matter what you say it takes 8 years approx from final line check as an F/o to Command.The reason for very few expat upgrades is that all the local F/o's are must senior.Nothing sinister about that me thinks!!!

Trader,
Upgrade on the Airbus fleets is by airline seniority which in turn is based on the date of your final line check. Not too sure what the story is with the B767.

in limbo
19th Aug 2005, 12:02
Reall glad to here life is good at GF Trader.
Beginning to feel like fall over here.;)

Fordec
20th Aug 2005, 09:58
Hi guys

Here is some info for the trader : Offically there is 22 upgrades planned so far this year airbus but there is a very strong rumor that this number can go up to 42. We will see it in a very short time. The company will announce future fleet plans this october.They are already looking for some aircrafts for the new routes. Mostly for the last 1 year especially all the flights are full. 016-017-019 all of them are overbooked.This is a good sign of course.

Abu Dhabi is taking their 3 aircraft back. Two 320 and one 340. (EG-EH-E?) So becouse there is no aircraft in the market they dry leased 2 320 from Jordan.They are coming at september.

It is true that there wasn`t so many expat upgrades for the last 5 years but there is a very logical unswer for this. People must think little bit before they write something on this forum. If you check the seniorty list you will find out that an upgrade chance was given to all the expats on their seniorty turns.There was only couple of guys on that list and some of them did it some didn`t.

Now things are different. It is time for expats generally.A lot of expats will be upgraded this year.

So in my opinion Gf is a very good company for flying.You will enjoy the cockpit relations, people and the island. It is much much better than EK or QR. Offcourse their fleets are excellent but what about the working envoirement?
See you all
:O :ok:

PAR31
20th Aug 2005, 10:45
Fordec thank you very much for your information and think more and more from all the replay that Gulf Air sound as a really nice company to work for.

I hope that every thing will be ok for me.

Par31

JoeJack
20th Aug 2005, 13:23
Most of info quite reliable. 2 A320s coming still this year from RJ, since we'll be losing 2 A320s nxt year (EG, EH). Remember that EF is already gone. These are the 3 AUH's aircrafts, no A340 on that batch, I'm afraid. Heard something about one more A340, not quite sure about it though.

22 upgrades predicted true... 42 not very feasible I believe, specially with limited SIM slots (SIM is moving to BAH!!!) and limited number of training captains.

About expats upgrades, spot on. Said here before. If you look at the seniority, no expats with seniority for upgrade right now. A few fellows will come next year, hopefully.

Yep, happy times at GF. Cannot complain... a lil' bit, maybe...

Cheers!!

in limbo
20th Aug 2005, 13:29
I know they just finished a group of interviews this week. Does anyone know when the next interviews are slated for?

Trader
20th Aug 2005, 15:54
...and a Jet Airways 340 with crew (5 sets) arriving this weekend.

in limbo
20th Aug 2005, 19:44
Hmmm.
How long will the wet lease go on for????????:rolleyes:

Icarus
22nd Aug 2005, 17:14
At least the next couple of months, if not longer. Doing the GF41/42 BAHATHBAH followed by the nine-o'clock BAHDXBBAH daily.

boeingdriverx
22nd Aug 2005, 17:40
About these Jet Airways A340s :

I was asking me if it really makes sense financially to use wet leased aircraft on these profitable destination? If Gulf was able to operate these destinations, will we not make more money? Is that a temporary solutions or what?

anybody has an idea?

tic
22nd Aug 2005, 23:58
I know of 2 F/o's having joined GF early 2003, were due to start up-grade this month or next, but were told that, late 2004. They have the time and license. Apparently they supercede 'senior' F/o's because of hrs and having an ATP, which others don't. Seniority, doesn't change, and reverts back to normal, when the 'senior' F/O, finally get's his Command, after he has the hrs and or the license. This is 767 fleet. Maybe I'm wrong.