PDA

View Full Version : YBUD Airshow

Uncommon Sense
20th Jul 2005, 11:04
Well done to the organisers - we had a great time.

The connie excellent to see flying as usual. Good displays by Pip Borman, Roulettes and Warbirds. Loved seeing the MiG - even from my tent on the edge of the Runway at 0700;ish on a Cold Sunday Morning post party!

I thought the MBZ ran pretty well considering the amount of aircraft trying to arrive before 1000 on Saturday - and the mix of Aircraft types from Jets to Drifters. I seem to recall joining overhead as Number 11 or 12! Some good airmanship displayed generally all round.

J430
21st Jul 2005, 03:28
Overall it was a good show, pity about the crosswinds around 15 to 20 knots, but hey we all need the practice.

And yes the airmanship was pretty good, flying out Sunday morning I passed more a/c in half an hour than I have ever seen in any one day!

What a lucky country we live in with such scenery and freedom to enjoy it!

J

hadagutful
21st Jul 2005, 12:58
Yes, fully agree, a good range of aircraft at Bundaberg from the ultralight/homebuilt range to RAAF Roullettes (and Russian Roollettes!).
The bullet truck racing up the runway was something different, didn't hear whether he broke the record.

Warbird jets great with Dave Curry's classic Hawker Hunter putting on another impressive show. The walk through the Constellation was an interesting backtrack in aviation history.

A real highlight for me was arriving in our ex-RAAF CT/4A No. 38 and being marshalled to park in the display area beside CT/4A No. 37. Looked rather neat together.

Spodman
23rd Jul 2005, 01:12
Frank Wozname in the Bandag Bullet broke the record, though he had to fight with his timing gear til 3AM before he knew it. The wall of fire was a record too. The amazing smoke ring from the Mig's second pass pyros should have been in a record book too.

Really nice show.

Highlight for me was touring through Jabiru (& their engine factory)

Uncommon Sense
23rd Jul 2005, 06:53
Didn't realise you were there Spodman.

I wondered too how they got that smokering to just sit there too - showed how much Westerky was still blowing when it got a bit higher!