PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria : LOS-ACC-LOS-ACC-LOS

Gunship
20th Jul 2005, 09:57
Today is the day ... hopefully all goes well !

Good luck and I wish you guys very well :ok:

Rani
20th Jul 2005, 12:51
Hello Gunship,

BEST of luck to VK!

Checked WWW.GCAA.COM.GH for real-time movement information but it seems this feature was removed from the site!
Was hoping to check VK's punctuality :}

Gunship
20th Jul 2005, 13:00
I have send mails etc but no answers from anyone ?

Anyway I am sure they would have been on time or close enough ... then again I am sure when Taxi time came someone at "Ops" or the Tower would have stopped taxi as this and that wa snot filled in ... or that happened to AEU on their 6th flight (yes 6th) they do not know anything about them ... and we can not get a gate to board :E:E:E

Good Luck VN - will test you oke's soon ;)

surely not
20th Jul 2005, 14:14
First flight arrived on time and departed 12 minutes late..... nothing serious and flight time was such it shud hve arr in Lagos on sched.

Hey Gunsss.... you guessed correctly. Despite VK having a Mayfly showing our flights several days ago, this morning came with no VK flight showing on the departure screens!!! Good job the team were in at the crack of sparrows to sort glitches like that out.

Gunsss we want you back here, german measles and all mate, it is far too quiet without you, and my alcohol consumption has dropped!!

Gunship
20th Jul 2005, 14:40
Well done SN - your hard work (and of course the team of luvvllyyy ladies ) comes to light.

Expect those glitches (and a few more like this PM's flight : done it- seen it ;) )

All the very best mate :ok:

One more week of German Measles and I am a for ok :ok:

Rani
20th Jul 2005, 17:49
Where is the ticket office in Accra? No official ticket sales outlet exists?!:confused:

gac111
20th Jul 2005, 19:08
VK has a ticket office at La Palm

Gunship
20th Jul 2005, 19:53
Before I left there was also plans for a ticket office inside the departure hall (complete right hand side) and also above Woolworths next to BA in Liberation road .. then I left .. :E

Surely Not ... come in boet - explain yourself here .. ;)

surely not
21st Jul 2005, 09:03
Rani, Gunss and interested others.......................according to my source :-)) ...........

The City Ticket Office is currently in a temporary home at La Palm Hotel, just by the Business and Conference Centre. It is hoped that within 2-3 months this will move to the Horizon Plaza close by the airport and next to the BA Offices. This will be the focus for ticketing and reservations in Ghana.

The Airport Ticket Office is opposite c-in desks 22/23/24 in the International Departure area. VK were only able to secure one office and this is a tad on the small side, but it is anticipated that this will NOT be the main ticketing office for VK in ACC, so it will satisy short term plans.

It is still hoped to get a larger facility at the airport and ongoing discussions have been initiated to achieve this.

PPRuNe Towers
21st Jul 2005, 12:13
An urgent missive has arrived at the Towers from high places in VN.

They are getting reports of pilots being asked to fund applications - 250 euros no less.

They would like to make it clear they are working under the radical concept of them paying you if successfully joining. This applies from the outset of applying and anyone asking for your hard earned loot is guaranteed the long term attentions of the curse of PPRuNE along with our value for money regular publicity.

Regards to all,
Rob Lloyd

Gunship
26th Jul 2005, 11:12
20 minutes early this AM ... :hmm:

Something to do with repairs at LOS I pressume. :E

Seriously the guys do a great turn around :ok:

Qbkair
31st Jul 2005, 20:19
From another site:
" Pre-announcement scoop"
it is said that VK will be commencing ops into Abidjan shortly, as part of its strategic expansion.

Way to go..:ok:

Rani
4th Aug 2005, 15:57
Read other message about next destination.

Gunship
5th Aug 2005, 07:48
Well Ghana Airways / Nigeria Airways / Africa one ... oh my we can go on and on ...left a hughe gap in the West African market - so I am sure VN will expand and expand - there are LOTS of passengers out there (with money) :E

surely not
5th Aug 2005, 10:56
Gentlemen, please remember that the correct 2 leter code for Virgin Nigeria is VK

Expansion will be carefully paced and involve a good mixture of routes, taking the exceptionally attractive VK uniform and cabin crew to some very interesting places.

A truly exciting project.

Gunship
5th Aug 2005, 12:20
Surely not ... :p :p :p taking the exceptionally attractive VK uniform and cabin crew

Personnaly I like VN as it is closer to Virgin N(K)igeria :E:E:E

PS : WHo said I am a gentleman .. ;)

Rani
5th Aug 2005, 12:39
How does the uniform look like? If it's patented then it must be :ok: :ok: :ok:

surely not
5th Aug 2005, 19:04
Oi Measles...................... you might well like VN but IATA allocated the code VK to the airline so presumably VN is taken by someone else and you are only going to confuse matters if you continue to use it!! Good job you're not a loader!!

Awww come on, someone must have called you a gentleman at some time or another? Mind you, having had a beer or two with you maybe I can understand what you are saying ;) :E

So when is the latest ETA for you to come back to Ghana? Vicmas hasn't been seen since you left :D

Globaliser
5th Aug 2005, 20:00
VN = Vietnam Airlines, if anyone's actually interested ... :)