PDA

View Full Version : Firearms as Baggage

vecomm
20th Jul 2005, 08:30
Can anyone advise which airlines flying out of the UK to Spain will allow firearms (shotguns) to be carried? I travel to Spain 3 or 4 times a year to go Clay shooting, and I'm looking to organise a trip to the UK for a number of Spanish friends - it would be really useful if I knew the position of ALL the airlines fliying out of Malaga/Alicante to Manchester so I can get some seats booked.. The firearms would of course be contained in approved cased, have all the necessary customs paperwork amd all the owners possess EU firearms passports - any help would be very much appreciated

Fernando_Covas
20th Jul 2005, 09:59
Easyjet carry firearms. I think they only allow a certain amount of shells to be carried though.

744rules
20th Jul 2005, 15:23
BA allows sporting weapons/ammo with the checked bags. You will probably need the correct documents/reservations/authorisations.

Maude Charlee
21st Jul 2005, 10:17
Firearm and ammo will be sent in separate holds on the aircraft, and I think the limit on ammo is about 5Kg. Most airlines I believe will carry it.

N5528P
21st Jul 2005, 11:28
Most airlines I believe will carry it.

Most likely, but as checked luggage only of course ;)
Still I think you should call ahead.

Regards, Bernhard

DDF
21st Jul 2005, 14:28
In the case of easyJet you must call the reservations centre prior to the flight so the details can be put on your booking and so they can inform you of the regulations in place ohh and you must have a licence to own the said firearm. But in the whole carrying them is perfectly ok as they just go in the hold with the rest of the luggage.:ok:

Jordan D
21st Jul 2005, 23:01
If you have a license and call ahead shouldn't be a problem - have just helped a club member of the Rifle Club of which I'm secretary organise his stuff for fixtures in Canada next month.

Jordan

The Real Slim Shady
25th Jul 2005, 20:18
JAR Ops 1.070 refers.

You need to inform the operator in advance and the weapons must be unloaded and carried in checked baggage.

Ammunition must be carried in checked baggage - JAR Ops 1.1160(b)(5)

JAR Ops 1 is available here (http://www.jaa.nl)

lexxity
26th Jul 2005, 14:55
bmibaby definitely won't allow firearms of any nature to travel on their flights.

Jordan D
26th Jul 2005, 20:03
Their loss. Easyjet do, and they get my club's custom.

Jordan