PDA

View Full Version : Woman flying in Malaysia?

flower girl
20th Jul 2005, 08:11
To all that is fllying out there in Malaysia, could you tell me if Malaysia excepts female pilots? I am thinking of getting a job out there but heard so much about discrimination against women?? More importantly, are there able to accept female captains ??

flower girl

calypso
21st Jul 2005, 12:00
I know that there is at least one Malaysian female FO flying for Air-Asia.

737XL Pilot
28th Jul 2005, 12:45
Why on earth do you want to go to Malaysia???

I used to work for Air Asia and there was one female FO at that time, but I also know that they were taking on more. Local though. Good luck anyway.

flightleader
30th Jul 2005, 13:37
flowergirl,

The only airline that has women in Malaysia is AirAsia. Just one at this stage(if i'm not wrong) but a few more female cadets in the flying school.

AA has a variety of expats besides the locals. I don't see it as a bad place to work if you're interested in flying 737s. The A320s are on the way.Management is rather relax,working environment is even better. Money is as good as the main carrier. No a lot but enough to live in Malaysia.

Great counrty to work and live in.Why not give it a go?

wv4175
30th Jul 2005, 17:42
There is another woman captain on the 727's working for Transmile Air, based in Subang, Kuala Lumpur......heard that the current batch of Air asia cadets training in the flying school in Malacca has at least one female cadet pilot, among other self sponsored female trainee pilots.

VMK
5th Oct 2005, 08:18
proud to say im one of the self sponsored one. Now stil waiting for...a job with air asia and transmile. still on KIV.

Heatseeker
7th Oct 2005, 13:33
Flower Girl.

I have been briefing Asian crews fot lotsa years and I have only come across 2 girls flying with Asian airlines. One S/O with Philippines and one F/O with Korean.

On the other hand we have many girls flying with Skippyjet Airlines, quite a few of them Captains; the bad news is if you want to fly with us you will have to do what every new Skippy airplane driver does - start at the bottom as a S/O inflight relief pilot. The good news is you should get a window seat around 2-4 years and a command in about 12 years or so, depending on vacancies.

If on the other hand you have a 320 endorsement, give Jetstar Asia a call in Singapore. There are (were ?) a couple there. I do know that there is absolutely no gender discrimination at QF.

Lotsa luck

H