PDA

View Full Version : FALCON EXPRESS TO GET 3 X ATR 42s'

mnbvcxzqwertyuiop
20th Jul 2005, 01:19
Just been talking to a mate at Falcon and he has said that they are getting 3 x ATR 42s and off-loading 3 x 1900s'.

Initially they will be using contract crew from Indonesia. The Ex American Eagle Pax ATR 42s' are being converted to Freighters and will be on-line in 3 months.

It looks as if Falcon are paving the way in the Middle East. It's good to see companies doing so well!

Keep up the good work guys!!

:ok:

V1650
20th Jul 2005, 12:56
ATR,s. Well I can do better than that, A very close source within the Falcon community informs me that at least to start with a 737 -200 is very near.
Cargo door modification and paint scheme are in the final stages.

Toastrider26 - are you in the know ?

Flying Mechanic
20th Jul 2005, 14:05
ATR's and 737's, that would be great for Falcon, and can give DHL a run for their money. Not to sure about the Indo crews though..........thast what we dont need, plenty of ATR guys in the co already with training experience aswell. I look forward to seeing the paint scheme.

masalama
20th Jul 2005, 15:47
wow that's good news for the boys .....always wanted to get on the ATR but didnt work out.....
anyway fm 737 coming soon eh???
what's coastrider upto???
take care and happy flying:O

mutt
20th Jul 2005, 20:57
Falcon, and can give DHL a run for their money

I thought that Falcon flew for DHL?

Mutt

Flying Mechanic
20th Jul 2005, 21:00
No they fly for UPS, Fed Ex and Aramex.

JustFlyin'
21st Jul 2005, 06:26
The day that Falcon gives DHL a run for their money, is the day that pigs will fly!!

I would say this is someone from within the company stirring the pot a bit.

freightdog81
21st Jul 2005, 07:03
ATR's might be replacing the Fokker 27. Heard there were some ATR rated Resumes in the office last week. Falcon is been talking to Saab as well to lease some Saab340's for the Cyprus operation.

Coastrider26
22nd Jul 2005, 06:01
Exciting times for Falcon we didn't know we were getting an FK27 until it was on the ramp. But there are a lot of stories about new aircraft last 2 months. From Saabs to ATR's one thing is for sure according to the official Falcon website we'll be flying to North Africa. I included the link on the bottom so we'll see what is coming to us....

(http://www.feca.bz/falcon%20express%20cargo%20airlines_4.htm)

Hey masalame are the xray glasses still operational?

masalama
24th Jul 2005, 15:44
yo coastrider, x-ray glasses very handy especially when being served ...the chime button remains ON throughout the flite.....;)

regards to the boys....
masalama.

Coastrider26
26th Jul 2005, 09:43
Good to hear that there is an "on" button we didn't had that in the other plane I flew but I guess my new plane has one :-)

I'll sent your regards to the boyz, hey if you by any remote possibility are in DXB on thursday plz let me know.