PDA

View Full Version : EK Jo'burg incident 2004: official report?

Keith Discovering
19th Jul 2005, 19:12
Any info please about the report from the SA Gov't re the above incident? I heard it has actually been sent several weeks ago, but no 'official' has admitted receiving it.

Thanks in advance

KD

helen-damnation
20th Jul 2005, 21:38
It's supposed to have appeared on about 7 occasions this year, 1 for each month!
I have no idea of the facts but being a rumour network........

I would hazard a guess that AAR is directly or indirectly in it in a not too favourable light reference training and other matters.
It's probably sitting on his desk where it could stay for a long time.
Loss of face and all that :{
Not a popular chap :*

edited 'cos I can!

harry the cod
21st Jul 2005, 09:08
If the report is out, is it not accessible in the public domain, or is there a time frame? What is the situation if it had been FAA / CAA investigation? Help appreciated!
Regards
Harry

Backwater
21st Jul 2005, 14:11
Judging by the lack of a report on the SA CAA website, the report is not yet in the public domain.
Check it out for yourselves. http://www.caa.co.za/

BigGeordie
22nd Jul 2005, 07:10
Don't they have to submit it to Emirates for comment before they make it public? That could take months!

gccpro
23rd Jul 2005, 04:35
Are the guys involved in the incident still with EK?

violate
24th Jul 2005, 10:03
gccpro, yes they are still in limbo doing office duties etc.

Maybe the delay releasing the report is TCAS, as he takes great pleasure in informing all that he has not read the internal Flt Safety dept report.
His favorite reason for doing nothing has always been "I have seen no evidence of that" course it is denial is a wonderful thing, right up there with burying your head in the sand.

Don't expect to see it any time soon and then we will be told we can't discuss it.