PDA

View Full Version : GCNS - Sorted?

Seaton Approach
19th Jul 2005, 10:53
Been a while since we had any update on this one...

Did the GCNS FD/FOO course eventually 'get it's act together' or is it still, as a lot of folk intimated in their posts some time ago, below par?

Don't want to re-open any of those old wounds or fuel any more fires, just want constructive opinions from those who have recently undergone the course or aided in its enhancement.

Thanks,

SA. :ok:

Seaton Approach
22nd Jul 2005, 20:52
Thought there were plenty of guys out there with lots to say about this course........ Not any more then obviously.

GCNS must be dead and buried.

RIP. :ouch:

no sig
24th Jul 2005, 15:44
Seaton

Perhaps a bit fast to write it off, last Ý heard it had consolidated into the course we had hoped for. OpsBod Ým sure can throw some light on the matter as Ý'm, regretably, no longer involved.

Ý had sight of the materials some months ago and they looked good to me. And, lets face it, who else is doing anything to meet the UK Ops training requirements to the ICAO recommendation.

capital one
29th Jul 2005, 22:06
I wouldn't mind some info on this one

I too had read previous posts on the matter and was somewhat put off !

Anyone done it recently, or in the process of doing it?

Regards
Captial 1

opsbod
31st Jul 2005, 07:58
The course has been overhaulled and based on feedback from the students has been modified in a number of areas.

Its very different to what was originally available.

Why not talk to the college and see if you can get them to send you some chapters as examples and base your opinions on that?

famous grouse
31st Jul 2005, 17:13
Thanks for the info opsbod

Any of those students that have provided feedback on here ?? Always value the opinion of people that are doing it or have done it.

I'm pleased its developed on from what was originally available, it could only get better.

I might just take you up on the advice opsbod and see if they are prepared to put their mouth where my money is and send me a taster.

All the best
Famous Grouse