View Full Version : CX Freighter base in Melbourne

boeingbelly
19th Jul 2005, 04:44
Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to supply some up to date information on Cathay's freighter bases, in particular Melbourne.

I have sufficient experience for a direct entry F/O position and would like to know if is it possible to be based in Melbourne from the start, or are you required to spend "x" amount of time in Hong Kong before you can take a basing else where?

Also any information on Terms and Conditions, remuneration package, upgrade time etc, of the Australian basing would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

BB :ok:

Macchi
19th Jul 2005, 11:18
BB,

Please note that I am only a "wannabe" but the information I got (info is 3 months old now) is that there are presently no slots for Australian based Freighter FOs. It isn't that they are all filled, it's that although the position is a possibility and may be filled in future, it's simply not required at present. Thats not to say this won't change tomorrow. I was told this by CX recruiting - I suggest you ring them direct for confirmation on this (or any related q's for that matter) as they are only too happy to help.

Cheers.

boeingbelly
20th Jul 2005, 02:02
Hi Macchi,

thanks for the information. I will try and give Cathay recruiting a call and see what the latest is.

cheers BB