PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 Q-400 ANA Group Interview

brasgaucho
19th Jul 2005, 01:35
Hello-

I have an interview in August for the Dash 8 Q-400 first officer position Osaka, Japan base (ANA Group).
Got some information from pprune search function about quality of life in Japan, very diverse opinions to say the least, but, nothing came up referring wash rates during training.
Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks

CaptainProp
19th Jul 2005, 10:36
Hey!

Know nothing about life over there. Was told by people who was contacted by agency on behalf of ANA that the terms were pretty poor.... Perhaps worth really looking in to the contract before signing...?? If you have a job, you maight be better of staying I think....

/CP

jumpdrive
20th Jul 2005, 08:46
be aware that during training
the salary will only be 80%
and on top of that you will have to pay taxes
keep that in mind
its over 8 months of training
housing is expensive and small for what U pay

sim & interviews are srelaexd + simple
dont worry bout them

bye

brasgaucho
21st Jul 2005, 16:22
Thanks for your words; it will be a hard decision.:hmm:

N380UA
22nd Jul 2005, 07:35
If I could work in Japan I would in a hart beat. Japan is great, awesome food nice folks great baths (onsen). Osaka life is comfortable, a bit hot and humid in the summer. Don’t know about the Dash 8 but only did hear good things. The cash flow, as mentioned isn’t the greatest, but if you're young and single its enough to have fun, plus you'll get (perhaps) a chance to clime the ranks on ANA. Good luck!

brasgaucho
22nd Jul 2005, 17:22
If I was single it would be a no brainer, but, with a wife and two young kids life gets a little more complicated.