PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Supplies Stores - USA

Boeing737
18th Jul 2005, 14:06
Hi guys, i have looked back through past threads, regarding headsets and have decided to settle for a David Clark H10-13.4 I have also learned that it is cheaper to purchase from the US. In my case i will save €50. I did a search in google and received many hits for online pilot supplies shops in the U.S, but i was wondering if there are any stores in particular, which other ppruners can recommend?There is a large selection.
Many thanks!
regards

rjonli
18th Jul 2005, 17:39
Sporty`s (www.sportys.com) tends to come out with reasonable prices on whatever supplies you are searching for...Except from that "all" airports have their own pilot shop, which in matter of fact most of the times do have competitive prices!?!?! However, I believe Sporty`s is one of the major online shops.:O

Boeing737
18th Jul 2005, 18:30
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the availability of pilot supplies in ireland is limited and very expensive in comparison to the states. Ive opted for http://www.pilotstore.com/ anyone purchased off this site before?? I did look at transair.com which has a nice site along with some good testimony, but its that bit more expensive. Sorry if i sound too apprehensive!
regards!

G-DANM
18th Jul 2005, 18:56
I also purchased my headset from pilotstore and it arrived in 3 days! Even with the postage it is alot cheaper than the UK.

scameron77
18th Jul 2005, 20:15
You'll pay mahusive postage and VAT for anything imported, yor best bet is to buy stuff like that when you are over in the US, using the savings made to get an extra 3 hours in a 152 at $60 an hour + no landing fees :) then sneek the headset back in and say you bought it in the UK.

Boeing737
18th Jul 2005, 21:02
3 days sounds pretty sweet indeed. Pilotstore it is so.Thank you all very much for your help,
best wishes
(P.s 3 hours would be stretching it considering i had to move onto a c172 as im too tall for the c150 :} your on the ball though!!)