PDA

View Full Version : Aero Rescue

Dashunder
18th Jul 2005, 10:39
Has anyone heard the latest, where are Aero Rescue at with the Dornier 328, have they filled the required positions for this aircraft.

Taggert
19th Jul 2005, 04:51
Think they are struggling to get both... Wasn't it supposed to be here for an August introduction?

Think the there might be some egg on faces all round.

InTransit
19th Jul 2005, 13:12
watch this space! :ok:

From the sources...a small delay, but it's all good.

Dashunder
1st Aug 2005, 07:05
Thats what I thought to Taggert, an August start, I hear on the streets that they are struggling to find competent backenders to be able to operate the radar/flir, trying to poach coastwatch crews, with out much success, cant even provide them with a salary.

sarprof
4th Aug 2005, 06:14
Please tell us more, I heard that as there integration contractor went bust they are well behind there proposed time frame.

As such they are having a real hard time attracting back end crew let alone keeping the flight crews already employed amused and happy.

SAR flying is very rewarding, however the continual on call nature does tend to make it a very boring existence (you can only play so much Playstation) especially when your are just marking time in a KingAir, and not actually being tasked a great deal, The worst part would have to be when you are tasked you can only carry out a visual search with DF, and thats only if the flight crew can remember how to do it from all those training flights that AUSSar have put you trough and lets not talk about supply dropping

Now when did you say the Dornier 328 would be ready, maybe as an experienced SAR crewman with FLIR/RADAR/DF, Mission Management, MROCP skills etc I might consider applying for a position.

Cheers SARProf