PDA

View Full Version : Chaos at FACT

Goldfish Jack
17th Jul 2005, 13:44
We are all sitting in the radar room wondering what is going on at FACT.

End of school holidays and all the flights are late - everyone is getting grumpy and we are trying to work it out when we find out the reason:

Complete chaos at the terminal buildings. The traffic is backed up to the N2 turn off (about 2kms) from the car-park entrance. Cars can't get into the airport to off-load their pax, so the pax are late and so it starts to snowball. Pilots are getting grumpy and we are juggling the traffic to try and make it run smoothly - please don't get cross with my colleagues - they are trying their best. Refer your complaints to ACSA. (You think it is chaotic on the ramp - try the landside of the terminal buildings)

Does ACSA realise that their facilities are woefully inadequate and with this only being a school holiday, how are they going to cope bearing in mind that the Soccer World cup takes place in 1500 days time??? It is quite unbelievable with all this extra traffic and they knew it was coming - end of school holidays - that they have done nothing to manage/plan ahead and sort it out.

Oh well we are all in for a late night by the sound of it.....High time the customers and the public started to ask a few questions of ACSA................................

sky waiter
17th Jul 2005, 13:50
That is just lovely, my girlfriend works on the ground there for an airline if the pilots are getting grumpy can you imagine the pax?

Hope a member of the press gets hold of this cause its normally the airline and the poor person sitting behind the desk that gets it from another inconvenienced passenger...

Hope it gets cleared up soon and your night isn't too late!! :cool:

I on the other had a lovely quite day on the GA side of PE airport. Not grumpy. Enjoy your sunday everyone,

Cheers

orgasmotron
17th Jul 2005, 17:50
You think CPT was bad, try JNB. ACSA only have 2 of the odd 10 security gates open in peak hours. Lots of flights ex JNB delayed today waiting for pax due to congestion at check-inn, security etc. The ACSA baggage belts are continiously braking down causing huge expenses to the airlines.

JNB international is a mess. Half the airbridges does not work. Eventually ACSA has decided to repair/upgrade them. Lets not even start with security.

In CPT, ACSA security would not let you through domestic arrivals to collect your checked baggage, why? Because some idiot told them that when you are in uniform, you cannot be a passenger, even with ticket, boarding pass the lot. Had to go through crew gate, and get company staff to collect my luggage from the inside.

But hey, let's not critisize, ACSA declares huge profits every year !

Gunship
17th Jul 2005, 19:16
I was incoming on the N2 from Hermanus ... strong .. very strong windy conditions and pelting rain .. by God's grace there was no accident at that stage ..

Fortunatly it looks like the big storm predicted today was not as bad hey ?

18th Jul 2005, 04:10
I think thats a universal problem. Too many pax for the airports to handel. You should have seen the european airports on saturday!! School holidays just started here too and it was cooking. It looks like everybody goes to Turkey for their holidays. A300 and A310 were more or less the order of the day! Tourist class charters!

Gunship
18th Jul 2005, 13:00
A freind of mine has the gerourmous task of re-doing the parking area at CT international.

Needless to say I will give you his mobile number in return for $1k ;)

Seriously CT International (Land side and talking as a pax) is a FANTASTIC place. Once the parking has been sorted - it would a be a small world class airport.

Then again I pressume it needs extensions again sooner than later with the WC coming ... :confused: